- Mark I
Mark I often refers to the first version of a weapon or military vehicle, and is sometimes used in a similar fashion in civilian product development. In some instances, the Arabic numeral "1" is substituted for the Roman numeral "I". "Mark", meaning "model" or "variant", can itself be abbreviated "Mk."
In military and weaponry
- Mark I tank (1916), the first tank to be used in combat
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk I (1938); Royal Air Force fighter aircraft
- Mark I Fire Control Computer; United States Navy fire control computer used in World War II surface ships
- The Mark I NAAK, an auto-injector carried by military personnel for use in case of nerve agent attacks
- Mk 1 Underwater Defense Gun; 1970s United States Navy dart-shooting underwater firearm
- Morey MK 1 Knife (1991); military-style close-combat weapon
- Mk 1 grenade; the first American-designed grenade used by American forces in World War I
- Mark I trench knife; a combat knife carried by US forces after World War I
- Patrol Boat, River ("Mark I PBR", 1966); 31-foot version of the US Navy riverine patrol boat
- Mk I Mini (1959-1967); the original Austin Mini and Morris Mini-Minor from British Motor Corporation
- British Railways Mark 1, the first standardised passenger-rated rolling stock (carriages or cars), introduced on British Railways in the 1950s
- MARK 1 or Perceptron (1959-1960), a neural net computer designed by Frank Rosenblatt at Cornell University
- Mark I (detector), a particle detector at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center from 1973-1977
- Colossus Mark I (1944), a British computer used to crack military codes
- Ferranti Mark 1 (1951), an early computer based on the Manchester Mark 1
- GE Mark 1 Boiling water reactor, a Generation II nuclear reactor
- Harvard Mark I (1944), an early automatic digital computer made by IBM
- The Lovell Telescope, called the Mark I between 1961 and 1970, then the Mark IA between 1971 and 1987
- Manchester Mark 1 (1949), an early Autocode computer
- Mesa Boogie Mark I (1969), an electric guitar amplifier designed in Northern California
- Mark 1 or Mark I, the first chapter of the Gospel of Mark in the New Testament of the Christian Bible
- Emergency Medical Hologram (Mark I), in Star Trek: Voyager, an artificially intelligent medical assistance program
- Visual inspection has sometimes been called Mark I Eyeball in the US Military since the 1950s
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.