- Oildale (Leave Me Alone)
"Oildale (Leave Me Alone)"
Cover according to Roadrunner Records.
Single by Korn from the album Korn III: Remember Who You Are Released May 4, 2010 Recorded 2009 Genre Nu metal, alternative metal Length 4:44 (album version)
4:12 (radio edit)
Label Roadrunner Writer(s) Korn Producer Ross Robinson Korn singles chronology "Haze"
"Oildale (Leave Me Alone)"
"Let the Guilt Go"
"Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" is the lead single from Korn's ninth studio album, Korn III: Remember Who You Are. It is the first single with new drummer Ray Luzier. It was first played live on March 26, 2010 for fans in Anchorage, Alaska. "Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" netted 1.9 million first-week audience impressions over 79 radio stations. The full version of the song was available digitally on May 25, 2010. The song was performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on July 14, 2010.
Music and structure
The video for "Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" aired on May 31 on MTV2. The video portrays a young boy living in the poverty stricken town of Oildale, California. Throughout the video it shows the boy collecting money, riding his bike through the town, and shows glimpses of the other residences, while Korn is seen performing in an oilfield, and in an alley in front ruins of a burnt house. Also, there is a direct reference to the first album cover art, where two men are fighting by a swingset while a little girl watches, and is seemingly abducted by the victor.
"Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" debuted at number 25 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Songs chart, number 41 on Rock Songs, and number 33 on Alternative Songs. It would go on to peak at number 10 on Mainstream Rock Songs, number 26 on Rock Songs, and number 29 on Alternative Songs. Regarding the latter chart, "Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" tied the record for the most charting songs without reaching number one, with eighteen songs total. Godsmack first achieved this record with "Cryin' Like a Bitch!" in March 2010. Godsmack released a follow-up single, "Love-Hate-Sex-Pain", which reclaimed the record in September 2010, only to be tied yet again by "Get Up!", the lead single from The Path of Totality.
Chart (2010) Peak
Australia (ARIA) 89 US Alternative Songs (Billboard) 29 US Rock Songs (Billboard) 26 US Mainstream Rock Songs (Billboard) 10
- Jonathan Davis - vocals
- James Shaffer - guitars, lap steel
- Reginald Arvizu - bass
- Ray Luzier - drums
- Ross Robinson - production
- ^ Korn Stream "Oildale (Leave Me Alone)" From Korn III
- ^ 
- ^ http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/
- ^ Amazon: Oildale (Leave Me Alone): Korn
- ^ "KORN: 'Remember Who You Are' Track Listing Revealed". BlabberMouth. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139070.
- ^ Korn To Premiere "Oildale" Video on MTV2 Memorial Day
- ^ "Korn > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p144403/charts-awards/billboard-singles. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- ^ a b c "Oildale (Leave Me Alone) - Korn". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. http://www.billboard.com/song/korn/oildale-leave-me-alone/20131796. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- ^ Gary Trust. "Chart Beat Thursday: Loretta Lynn, Madonna, Peter Wolf". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/chart-beat-thursday-loretta-lynn-madonna-1004083601.story?tag=hpfeed#/column/chartbeat/chart-beat-thursday-loretta-lynn-madonna-1004083601.story.
- ^ "Korn Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/korn-featuring-skrillex/121196. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.