- Matimba Power Station
Matimba Power Station Country South Africa Location Limpopo Coordinates Coordinates: Owner(s) Eskom Power station information Primary fuel Coal Generation units 6  Power generation information Installed capacity 3,990 Megawatt 
The station consists of six 665MW units with a total install capacity of 3,990MW. Turbine Maximum Continuous Rating is 35.60%.
Matimba is fueled by the Grootegeluk open cast mine on the Waterberg Coalfield  with about 14.6 million tons of coal a year via a conveyor system. The mine is also contracted to supply the new Medupi Power Station.
- Fossil-fuel power plant
- List of power stations in South Africa
- ^ a b "MATIMBA POWER STATION". Eskom. http://www.eskom.co.za/live/content.php?Item_ID=183. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- ^ "EI, Grootgeluk Coal Mine move to electronic knowledge management". Aardvark Communication. 2003-06-20. http://ww2.itweb.co.za/office/nokusaei/0306200757.htm. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- ^ a b "Mine to double its coal sales to Eskom". Business Report. 2007-04-02. http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=&fArticleId=3761314. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- ^ "MINING AND INDUSTRY". Lephalale Local Municipality. http://www.lephalale.com/?item=45&MenuID=36. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.