- Overview (band)
Overview Origin San Francisco, California, USA Genres Alternative rock
Years active 2004–August 2009 Labels None Associated acts Mata León Website Official homepage Members Brian DaMert
Past members Sean Carney
In March 2007 they released the EP "Forty-Four Stone Tigers" to very positive reviews. In their review of the album, the popular website Absolutepunk.net said, "Three words come to mind: refreshing, refreshing, refreshing". Soon after that review, the band gained additional notability when Sputnik Music called the newly released EP "One of the best EPs of 2007, hands down".
In 2007 they completed 3 successful tours in with no record label support.
In 2007 they played San Francisco rock radio station Live 105's annual festival BFD ("Big Fucking Day"). They performed alongside bands such as Bloc Party, Interpol, Queens of the Stone Age, Cold War Kids, The Faint, and Silversun Pickups among others.
As of 2010 the band changed their name to Mata León.
- - Guitar/Vocals (2004–Present)
- Spencer Dräger - Vocals/Keyboards (2004–Present)
- Greg Sellin - Bass (2004–Present)
- Sam Totty - Drums (2004–Present)
- Sean Carney - Guitar - (2005–2006)
- Neal O'Connor - Guitar - (2004–2005)
- 2006 - The Virgin Misconception
- 2007 - Forty-Four Stone Tigers (EP)
- 2004 - The Current Feelings of Later Days (EP)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.