- Monster Hunter 2
Monster Hunter 2 Developer(s) Capcom Publisher(s) Capcom Platform(s) PlayStation 2 Release date(s)
- JP February 16, 2006
Genre(s) Action role-playing game Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer Rating(s)
- CERO: C
Media/distribution 1 DVD
Along with the various species of monster returning from the first Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2 contains many new monsters, such as the metallic wind dragon Kushala Daora, the lion-headed dragon Teo Teskatoru (named Teostra in the North American and PAL versions of Monster Hunter Freedom 2) and his female counterpart Nana Teskatory (named Lunastra in the North American and PAL versions of MHF2), the primates Babakonga and Dodobrango (Congalala and Blangonga in MHF2), the bull or minotaur-like monster Rajang, and the chameleon-like dragon Oonazuchi (Chameleos in MHF2). With new monsters also comes the prospect of new weapons and armor.
Monster Hunter 2 has an improved weapon tree and upgradeable armors. As in all Monster Hunter games, armor pieces can be worn to obtain skills and abilities. A new feature in Monster Hunter 2 is the use of gems. Gems add skill points to complement those added by armor and weapons. Gems are created by combining ore and/or monster parts. Gems can be attached and detached from armor and weapons that have special gem slots.
Monster Hunter Portable 2 is a partial port of Monster Hunter 2 for the PSP. MHP2 adds new features and includes several changes to the original game, such as the removal of some of the time flow elements and the removal of the octopus-like monster Yamatsukami. (Now available in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, an English Portable 2nd G) Also some features such as Nocturnal Forest & Hills map and Teo in Swamp zone have been removed from MHF2, to be added after in Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (or Monster Hunter Freedom Unite the version Released in North America and Europe). Monster Hunter Portable 2 was released in North America as Monster Hunter Freedom 2.
A new Village to the game which is design to be an old Harbour port with a small Story progressing event. Each Villagers will request certain materials or Quest they ask and rewards you money, free meals or village upgrades.
- Blango, a white Baboon that is a mountain-dweller and highly aggressive. Troop leader are called Blangonga.
- Chameleos, Chameleon-like Elder Dragon that invisible in its surroundings.
- Conga, a pink Ape-like Primate that inhabits Swamps and Jungles. They are led by the leader called Congalala.
- Daimyo Hermitaur, a large and red coloured Crab-like monster with a Monoblos skull on its back.
- Teostra, a red, Piasa-like Elder Dragon. A female is blue and is called a Lunastra.
- Shogun Ceanataur, a huge, blue coloured Crustacean with a Gravios, Giant Conch shell and sometimes a mysterious wyvern skull on its back. and lives in Swamps and Volcanoes.
- Bulldrome, a large Wild Boar cousin. An Alpha male of Bullfango herds.
- Shen Gaoren, a gargantuan Spider Crab-like monster with the Lao Shan Lung skull on its back.
- White Fatalis, the third member of Fatalis brethren. It said to be the most powerful Dragon of Minegarde.
- Rajang, a brown or yellow Minotaur or Ushioni-like monster that has no fixed habitats and highly feared.
Monster Hunter series Main series Freedom series Spin-offs Manga
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.