- List of Baltimore neighborhoods
Baltimore is officially divided into nine geographical regions: Northern, Northwestern, Northeastern, Western, Central, Eastern, Southern, Southwestern, and Southeastern, with each patrolled by a respective
Baltimore Police Departmentdistrict. However, it is not uncommon for locals to divide the city simply by East or West Baltimore, using Charles Street or I-83as a dividing line, and/or into North and South using Baltimore Street as a dividing line.
The following are a list of major
neighborhoodsin the city of Baltimore, Maryland, USA, organized by broad geographical location within the city. See below for a list of maps published by the City of Baltimore Department of Planning.
Baltimore City Neighborhoods
*East Baltimore Midway
*Four by Four
*Pleasent View Gardens
*Pigtown (aka: Washington Village)
* Chinatown in Baltimore
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/planning/images/Neighborhood%20Map.pdf Neighborhood Map]
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/planning/images/Neighborhood%20Map%20with%20Zip%20Codes.pdf Neighborhood Map with ZIP codes]
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/planning/images/Neighborhood%20Map%20with%20Census%20Tracts.pdf Neighborhood Map with Census Tracts]
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/planning/images/Neighborhood%20Map%20with%20Council%20Districts.pdf Neighborhood Map with Council Districts]
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/neighborhoods/ City of Baltimore Neighborhoods Website]
* [http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/planning/plansMapsPublications.php City of Baltimore Department of Planning maps and publications]
* [http://www.ubalt.edu/bnia/ The Baltimore Neighborhood Indicators Alliance]
* [http://pattersonparkneighbors.org/ Patterson Park Neighborhood Association Website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.