- Meter (disambiguation)
Meter or metre from Ancient Greek μέτρον (measure) may refer to:
- Metre (also spelled meter), a unit of measurement of length
- Metre Rule, or International Rule (sailing), created for measuring and rating of yachts in sailing
Meter or metre may refer to:
- Meter (poetry), the regular linguistic sound patterns of a verse
- Meter (music), the regular underlying temporal grid of music
- Meter (hymn), the syllable patterns in hymn stanzas
Meter may also refer to:
- Measuring instrument, often named with the suffix -meter
- Meter (electronics), an instrument for measuring quantities in electronic circuits
- Electricity meter, a device for measuring electricity usage
- Water meter, a water flow measurement device
- Gas meter, a device to measure consumption of natural gas
- Postage meter, device measuring monetary usage of postage fees
- Parking meter, device to measure vehicle parking time for fees
- Light meter, instrument for measuring lighting levels for photographers
- Cybele, an Anatolian-Aegean mother goddess
- The Meters, a funk band
- In some languages (like Dutch), meter is an informal synonym for godmother. (and Peter is godfather). It is probably related to Latin mater and pater
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.