NEAR or Near may refer to:
Science, mathematics, technology, biology, and medicine
- Nicking Enzyme Amplification Reaction, a method for in vitro DNA amplification
- Near-Earth object, an object in the Solar System whose orbit brings it close to the Earth
- NEAR Shoemaker, a spacecraft that studied the near-Earth asteroid Eros
- Near Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrometer, a scientific instrument for infrared astronomy
- Near Field Communication (NFC), a short-range wireless communication technology
- N.E.A.R. (National Emergency Alarm Repeater), an obsolete civilian warning device in the United States
- Nearness defined as it relates to Point-Set Topology, also known as proximity space
- "Near", an interactive city browser application developed by NearGlobal
- Near-close vowel
- Near-front vowel
- Near-back vowel
- Near-open vowel
Television, film, music, and books
- Near (Death Note) (Real Name: Nate River), a character in Death Note
Food, beverages, and meals
- Near beer, a beer with very low or no alcohol
- Near v. Minnesota, a U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding freedom of the press
- Near-death experience (NDE), personal experiences associated with impending death
- New England Auto Racers Hall of Fame
- All pages with titles containing "Near"
- List of nearest stars
- List of nearest bright stars
- List of nearest galaxies
- Far (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.