- Density (disambiguation)
Density and dense usually refer to a measure of how much of some entity is within a fixed amount of space. Types of density include:
In physics, density of mass:
- Density, mass per volume
- Area density or surface density, mass over a (two-dimensional) area
- Linear density, mass over a (one-dimensional) line
- Bulk density, mass of many particles of a particulate solid or a powder divided by the total volume they occupy
- Particle density or true density, density of the particles that make up a particulate solid or a powder
- Relative density or specific gravity, a measure of density in comparison to the density of something else
- Vapour density, a relative density used for gases
- Planck density, Planck mass per Planck length
In physics, densities of entities other than mass:
- Number density, number of particles per unit volume, area, or length
- Current density, the ratio of electric current to area
- Charge density, the electric charge per volume
- Energy density, potential energy per unit volume or mass, depending on context
- Force density, force per unit volume
- Optical density, the absorbance of an element
- Dense set and nowhere dense set in topology
- Density of a topological space
- Schnirelmann density in number theory
- Natural density (also called asymptotic density) in number theory
- Lebesgue's density theorem in measure theory
- Probability density function, a function which maps probabilities across the real line and whose integral is 1
- Tensor density in differential geometry
- Density in graph theory, the fraction of possible edges that exist in a graph
- Dense-in-itself, in geometry, is a set that contains no isolated points
- Dense order in order theory
- Dense can used to refer to a coinitial subset in the theory of forcing.
- Density of a polytope in geometry
- Density on a manifold
- Dense submodule in abstract algebra
In other scientific fields:
- Population density, population per unit area
- Memory storage density, bits (how computers store information) over an amount of area or volume
Density can also refer to:
- Plane (esotericism) (spiritual density), states of being for various planes of existence
- Stupidity, a stupid person is sometimes referred to as being "dense"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.