- Manasquan Public Schools
Manasquan Public Schools Superintendent: Geraldine Margin Business Administrator: Margaret Hom Address: 169 Broad Street
Manasquan, NJ 08736
Grade Range: K-12 School facilities: 2 Enrollment: 1,727 (as of 2008-09) Faculty (in FTEs): 124.8 Student–teacher ratio: 13.8 District Factor Group: GH Web site: http://www.manasquanschools.org Ind. Per Pupil District
1 Comparative Cost $12,133 16 $13,632 -11.0% 2 Classroom Instruction 6,838 13 8,035 -14.9% 6 Support Services 1,829 24 2,166 -15.6% 8 Administrative Cost 1,663 38 1,379 20.6% 10 Operations & Maintenance 1,268 7 1,674 -24.3% 13 Extracurricular Activities 536 35 258 107.8% 16 Median Teacher Salary 54,000 18 57,597 Data from NJDoE 2009 Comparative Spending Guide.
*Of K-12 districts with 0-1800 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=45
The Manasquan Public Schools are a comprehensive community public school district that serves students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade from Manasquan, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States.
In addition to students from Manasquan, the district's high school serves public school students from Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attend Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts.
As of the 2008-09 school year, the district's two schools had an enrollment of 1,727 students and 124.8 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.8.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "GH", the third highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Schools in the district (with 2008-09 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics) are:
- Manasquan Elementary School for grades K-8, 695 students.
- Manasquan High School, the home of The Warriors, had 1,032 students in grades 9-12. The High School is known for its sports rivalry Wall High School in Wall Township (the previous rivalry was with Point Pleasant).
Board of education
The board of education of the Manasquan Public Schools consists of ten members, seven from Manasquan, and one each from Belmar, Brielle and Spring Lake Heights.
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Geraldine Margin, Superintendent
- Margaret Hom, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- ^ a b District information for the Manasquan School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- ^ Comparative Spending Guide March 2009, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 28, 2009.
- ^ How to register a new student at Manasquan High School, Manasquan High School. Accessed December 23, 2009. "Manasquan High School serves 8 different communities/sending districts. These include Manasquan, Avon, Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Heights."
- ^ Manasquan Public Schools 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 12, 2011. "Manasquan High School receives students from eight different districts; Avon, Bradley Beach, Brielle, Belmar, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Heights. Including our Manasquan students, the high school population is just over one-thousand."
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- ^ Manasquan Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- ^ Manasquan Board of Education, Manasquan Public School District. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- ^ Manasquan Board of Education, Manasquan Public Schools. Accessed July 24, 2008.
- ^ Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Manasquan Public Schools
- Manasquan Public Schools's 2009–10 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Manasquan Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
Coordinates: 40°07′43″N 74°02′53″W / 40.128524°N 74.047992°WCategories:
- New Jersey District Factor Group GH
- School districts in Monmouth County, New Jersey
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.