- Milton Township, Wood County, Ohio
Milton Township, Ohio — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Ohio County Wood Area – Total 36.6 sq mi (94.8 km2) – Land 36.6 sq mi (94.8 km2) – Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2) Elevation 686 ft (209 m) Population (2000) – Total 1,159 – Density 31.7/sq mi (12.2/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 39-50680 GNIS feature ID 1087189
Milton Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,159 people in the township, 630 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Weston Township - north
- Plain Township - northeast corner
- Liberty Township - east
- Henry Township - southeast corner
- Jackson Township - south
- Bartlow Township, Henry County - southwest corner
- Richfield Township, Henry County - west
- Damascus Township, Henry County - northwest corner
Three villages are located in the township:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Wood County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/general_ref/cousub_outline/cen2k_pgsz/oh_cosub.pdf. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
Municipalities and communities of Wood County, Ohio Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.