- Traumatic injury, a body wound or shock produced by sudden physical injury, as from violence or accident
- Other injuries from external physical causes, such as radiation injury, burn injury or frostbite
- Injury from infection
- Injury from toxin or as adverse effect of a pharmaceutical drug
- Metabolic injury
- Injury due to autoimmunity
- Injury due to cancer
- Injury secondary to any other disease
- Wound, an injury in which skin is torn, cut or punctured (an open wound), or where blunt force trauma causes a contusion (a closed wound). In pathology, it specifically refers to a sharp injury which damages the dermis of the skin.
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Cell damage, including direct DNA damage
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.