Pathology (from Greek _gr. πάθος, "pathos", "fate, harm"; and _gr. -λογία, "-logia") is the study and
diagnosisof diseasethrough examination of organs, tissues, bodily fluids and whole bodies ( Autopsy). The term also encompasses the related scientific study of disease processes, called General pathology.
Medical pathology is divided in two main branches,
Anatomical pathologyand Clinical pathology. Veterinary pathologyis concerned with animal disease whereas Phytopathologyis the study of plant diseases.
History of pathology
Pathology as a medical specialty
* Important publications in pathology
* [http://www.acb.org.uk/ Association of Clinical Biochemistry (UK)]
* [http://www.asip.org/ American Society for Investigative Pathology]
* [http://www.cytopathology.org American Society of Cytopathology]
* [http://www.bns.org.uk/ British Neuropathological Society]
* [http://www.massgeneral.org/pathology/caserecords.htm Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital - Clinicopathological Conference]
* [http://www.cap.org/ College of American Pathologists]
* [http://www.flickr.com/groups/labmed/ Flickr group: Pathology and Lab Medicine] : numerous photos illustrating the work of pathologists.
* [http://morfopat.medicalstudent.ro/ HistoPathology Atlas]
* [http://www.humpath.com/ humpath.com] (Atlas in Human Pathology)
* [http://www.histochem.net/ Immunohistochemistry protocols and troubleshooting]
* [http://www.mybiopsy.org Mybiopsy.org]
* [http://www.neuropathologyblog.blogspot.com/ Neuropathology blog]
* [http://www.pathsoc.org.uk/ Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland]
* [http://www.rcpath.org/ Royal College of Pathologists (UK)]
* [http://www,rcpa.edu.au Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (Australia & Oceania)]
* [http://www.snp.com.au Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology] - Leading Australian Pathology Laboratory.
* [http://www.uscap.org/ United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology]
* [http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/webpath.html WebPath: The Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education]
* [http://www.pathtalk.org Pathtalk.org - A community weblog about pathology-related topics.]
* [http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/fraser.charlton/pathology What is a Pathologist?] - a perspective from UK pathologist Fraser Charlton.
* [http://www.pathologypics.com Pathologypics - an interactive community-driven histology atlas]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.