- Claire Forlani
Forlani at the world premiere of Flashbacks of a Fool, 13 April 2008
Born Claire Antonia Forlani
1 July 1972
Twickenham, London, England
Occupation Actress Years active 1992–present Spouse Dougray Scott (2007–present)
Claire Antonia Forlani (born 1 July 1972) is an English actress.
Claire Forlani was born in Twickenham, London, the daughter of Barbara (née Dickinson), who was English, and Pierluigi Forlani, a music manager from Ferrara, Italy. At the age of 11, Forlani entered the Arts Educational School in London, where she began to study acting. During her six years at the school, she also studied dance, which led to performances on stage in The Nutcracker and Orpheus in the Underworld.
Forlani's parents moved to San Francisco in 1993, in order to allow for wider casting opportunities in Hollywood films. Subsequently, Forlani was cast in the television mini-series J.F.K.: Reckless Youth and the film Police Academy: Mission to Moscow. In 1995, she played the supporting role of Brandi Svenning in Kevin Smith's Mallrats. In 1996, Forlani appeared in a supporting role as Sean Connery's daughter in the blockbuster action movie The Rock. She continued to appear in both widely released and smaller-budget films. Forlani was cast in the 1998 film Deep Rising, but, due to creative conflicts, left the set during the first few days of filming. That same year, she starred with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black, her most financially successful film. She then appeared in Antitrust, a thriller released in January 2001 to mixed reviews. Forlani was the new face of L'Oréal in 2001. She has been ranked #51 (2000) and #89 (2001) in Stuff magazine's 100 Sexiest Women, #85 (2001) in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women and was slotted in Loaded's Hot 100 Babes. In 2003, she co-starred with Jackie Chan in The Medallion.
In Autumn 2006, Forlani joined the cast of CSI: NY in a recurring role as a medical examiner, Dr. Peyton Driscoll. In February 2007, Forlani portrayed Tori Bodeen in the movie version of Nora Roberts's best-selling book Carolina Moon. In 2008, she starred opposite Daniel Craig in Flashbacks of a Fool. In 2011, Forlani plays Queen Igraine in Camelot and Kate Templeton in Love's Kitchen alongside her husband Dougray Scott, that took just £121 in its opening weekend at the UK box office in June 2011.
Year Film Role Notes 1992 Gypsy Eyes Katarina Debut 1994 Police Academy: Mission to Moscow Katrina 1995 Mallrats Brandi Svenning 1996 Basquiat Gina Cardinale The Rock Jade Angelou 1997 The Last Time I Committed Suicide Joan 1998 Basil Julia Sherwin Into My Heart Nina Meet Joe Black Susan Parrish 1999 Mystery Men Monica 2000 Boys and Girls Jennifer Burrows 2001 Antitrust Alice Poulson 2002 Triggermen Emma Cutler 2003 The Medallion Nicole James The Pentagon Papers Patricia Marx Daniel Ellsberg's Wife 2004 Bobby Jones: A Stroke of Genius Mary Malone Jones 2005 Green Street Shannon Dunham The Shadow Dancer Isabella Parish Titled Shadows in the Sun in the United States Ripley Under Ground Cynthia 2006 Nightmares & Dreamscapes – "Crouch End" Doris Freeman 2006–07
CSI: NY Dr. Peyton Driscoll Season 3 (nine episodes)
Seasons 4 & 6 (one episode each)
2007 Hallam Foe Verity Foe Carolina Moon Tory Bodeen 2008 Flashbacks of a Fool Ruth Davies In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale Solana Beer for My Horses Annie 2009 Shannon's Rainbow Christine False Witness (also known as The Diplomat in the UK and US) Pippa Porter Not Forgotten Katie 2010 Love's Kitchen Kate Templeton 2011 Camelot Queen Igraine 2011 NCIS: Los Angeles Lauren Hunter Season 2 (two episodes)
- ^ "The Cast of Meet Joe Black – Claire Forlani". Meetjoeblack.com. http://www.meetjoeblack.com/claireforlani.html. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- ^ "Claire Forlani Biography (1972–)". Filmreference.com. http://www.filmreference.com/film/53/Claire-Forlani.html. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- ^ Michelle Tan. "Claire Forlani, Dougray Scott Get Married". http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20041915,00.html.
- ^ "Forlani Doctors Up 'CSI: NY'". Zap2it.com. 10 August 2006. http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-claireforlanijoinscsiny,0,4731884,print.story. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- ^ Nissim, Mayer (29 June 2011). "Gordon Ramsay's 'Love's Kitchen' flops with just £121 at box office". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a327434/gordon-ramsays-loves-kitchen-flops-with-just-gbp121-at-box-office.html. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ^ Tan, Michelle (8 June 2007). "Claire Forlani, Dougray Scott Get Married – Marriage, Claire Forlani, Dougray Scott". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20041915,00.html. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.