Cumerio S.A. Former type Non-ferrous metallurgy Industry Copper Fate Acquired Predecessor Copper activity division of Umicore Successor Aurubis after merge of Cumerio with Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA) Founded 2005-April-29 Defunct 2008-December-17 Headquarters Olen, Belgium Number of locations Germany, Belgium, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Italy, Slovakia, and Switzerland Area served Europe Key people Luc Delagaye (CEO), Karel Vinck (Chairman of the Board of Directors) Products Copper Services Copper refining Revenue € 3.329 million (2007) Net income 46.3 million € (2007) Owner(s) merged with Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA), now named Aurubis Employees 4 700 Website www.cumerio.com
On 17 December 2008, Cumerio and Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA) became Aurubis - Europe’s biggest copper producer.
Cumerio is (was) a copper refining company formed in 2005 by the division of the copper activity of Umicore. The Cumerio shares were first listed on Euronext Brussels on April 29, 2005, and delisted from Euronext Brussels on December 17, 2008, as a result of the squeeze-out after merging with Norddeutsche Affinerie AG.
Cumerio was active in smelting, refining and recycling of copper. The headquarters was located in Brussels. The production plants were located at:
- Pirdop (Bulgaria): refinery (smelter) for the production of copper anodes;
- Olen (Belgium): refinery (electrolysis) of high purity copper anodes / cathodes, and production of rolling thread;
- Avellino (Italy): production of wires and wire rods;
- Yverdon-les-Bains (Switzerland), Swiss Advanced Materials SA (SAM): production of complex profiles.
Acquisition by Norddeutsche Affinerie AG
In June 2007, the German copper processor Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA) expressed its interest to take over Cumerio. On January 23, 2008, the European Commission accepted the transaction.
On April 14, 2008 Cumerio became part of the NA Group. This made it the largest copper producer in Europe.
- Union Minière du Haut Katanga
- ^ "Aurubis - the largest copper producer in Europe". 2009-12-17. http://www.im-mining.com/2008/12/17/aurubis-the-largest-copper-producer-in-europe/. Retrieved 2009-03-04.
- ^ : EN: PDF Summary of the Order of the Commission. OJ C161 of 25 June 2008.
This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.