- Chief brand officer
A chief brand officer (CBO) is a relatively new executive level position at a corporation, company, organization, or agency, typically reporting directly to the CEO or board of directors. The CBO is responsible for a brand's image, experience, and promise, and propagating it throughout all aspects of the company. The brand officer oversees marketing, advertising, design, public relations and customer service departments. The brand equity of a company is seen as becoming increasingly dependent on the role of a CBO.
Notable companies that currently employ a CBO include:
- Srinivas Kumar, Baskin-Robbins Worldwide
- Michael Keller, Dairy Queen
- Will Kussell, Dunkin' Brands, Inc.
- Trey Hall, Boston Market Corporation
- Phil Mcaveety, Luxury Collection
- Mark I. McCallum, Brown-Forman Corporation
- Phil McAveety, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Wade Oosterman, Bell Canada
- Ken Block, DC Shoes
- Cesare Avenia, Ericsson
In an article discussing the rebranding of South Africa, Solly Moeng reports that there is an increasing need for chief brand officers in public organizations. The need for brand officers is due to the lack of brand leadership and is causing the long-term failure of brands being fast-tracked through their growth process.
- ^ Neumeier, Marty (2006). The Brand Gap: How to Bridge the Distance Between Business Strategy and Design, Berkekley, CA : New Riders Publishing.
- ^ Allaboutbranding.com
- ^ Corporate-eye.com
- ^ Scott Bedbury, Stephen Fenichell. (2003), A New Brand World: 8 Principles for Achieving Brand Leadership in the 21st Century. Penguin.
- ^ Dunkindonuts.com
- ^ Brown-forman.com
- ^ Starwoodhotels.com
- ^ Bell announces strategic 3G wireless network investment, MarketWatch, October 10, 2008
- ^ Ericsson.com
- ^ Solly Moeng, Rebranding South Africa, iol.co.za, 29 October 2008
Corporate titles Chief officersChief accounting officer · Chief administrative officer · Chief analytics officer · Chief audit executive · Chief brand officer · Chief business officer · Chief channel officer · Chief commercial officer · Chief communications officer · Chief compliance officer · Chief creative officer · Chief data officer · Chief executive officer · Chief financial officer · Chief human resources officer · Chief information officer · Chief information security officer · Chief knowledge officer · Chief learning officer · Chief legal officer · Chief marketing officer · Chief merchandising officer · Chief networking officer · Chief operating officer · Chief procurement officer · Chief product officer · Chief risk officer · Chief science officer · Chief stores officer · Chief strategy officer · Chief technology officer · Chief visionary officer · Chief web officer Other titles Related
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.