- Mott Community College
C.S. Mott Community College
Mott Community College
Motto Mott College is a Choice! Established 1923 Type Community College Chairman Lenore Croudy President M. Richard Shaink, Ph.D Vice-president Amy Fugate
Provost Amy Fugate Admin. staff 407 full-time; 421 part-time Students 10,456 Undergraduates 10,456 Location Flint, Michigan, USA Campus Flint with three suburban extension centers Clio, Fenton, Lapeer Former names Flint Junior College (1923-c.1955)
Flint Community Junior College (c.1955-1972)
Genesee Community College (1972-1973)
Colors Black and Gold Sports Men's Baseball
Men's Cross Country
Women's Cross Country
Nickname Bears Affiliations
Charles Stewart Mott Community College (MCC) is a publicly supported post-secondary institution located in Flint, Michigan. Its district is the same as the Genesee Intermediate School District and is governed by an elected board of Trustees. The College offers 61 associate degrees and 40 pre-associate certificates. The majority of students come from Genesse, Lapeer, and northwest Oakland County.
Founded in 1923 by the City of Flint Board of Education, Flint Junior College held classes in Flint Central High School. With increased enrollment in the high school and junior college, the college moved in 1931 to the Oak Grove Campus, a former mental hospital. In 1946 Charles Stewart Mott granted $1 million towards building a four year college. A development committee was started based on the offer for future funding of a College and Cultural Center with more than $30 million pledged by early 1960s. This funded a new campus on 32 acres (130,000 m2) of donated Applewood Estate land which opened in 1955. By that time, the name was Flint Community Junior College. The college was turned into a county-wide institution with a referendum and millage proposal passing the voters in 1969. To reflect this, Flint Community Junior College was renamed Genesee Community College on July 5, 1970. In 1973, it was renamed to Charles Stewart Mott College after the death of C.S. Mott.
Mott has a vaunted basketball program, the two time defending NJCAA National Champions, and a notable announcer in Jeff Blanchard.
Board of Trustees
Term Name Since 2005–2011
Lenore Croudy 1987 2007–2013
John L. Snell  1989 2009–2015
Albert Koegel 1991 2007–2013
Sally Shaheen Joseph 2007 2011–2017 Pamela M. Faris 2010 2011-2015 Rafael Christopher Turner 2011 2011-2017 Michael Freeman 2011
The Mott Community College Men's Basketball team won the 2003, 2007, and 2008 national NJCAA Men's Division II Basketball Championship games. In 2001, 2004 and 2011 they were the division runner ups.
- Clarence Johnson (Clarence Leonard "Kelly" Johnson), an aircraft engineer and aeronautical innovator, organizing genius of the of the Lockheed Skunk Works.
- John Jasinski, Northwest Missouri State University president
- ^ a b c d e "Affiliated Institutions: Charles Stewart Mott Community College". The Higher Learning Commission Website. http://www.ncahlc.org/index.php?Action=ShowBasic&Itemid=192&instid=1314&option=com_directory. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- ^ "Mott Community College". Flint Timeline Project. Archived from the original on 2008-05-30. http://web.archive.org/web/20080530222152/http://www.flint.lib.mi.us/timeline/civics-buildings-01-00/mcc.html. Retrieved 2008-04-18.
- ^ "Summary Report Regular Election Official Results" (PDF). Genesee County Election Results. http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/images/Election%20results/200705/07MayRegSummary.pdf. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- ^ Flint native John Jasinski named president of Northwest Missouri State University - mlive.com - June 23, 2009
Colleges and universities in Michigan Public institutions Private institutions
Adrian · Albion · Alma · Andrews · Aquinas · Calvin · Cleary · College for Creative Studies · Concordia · Cornerstone · Davenport · Detroit Mercy · Finlandia · Grace Bible · Hillsdale · Hope · Kalamazoo · Kettering · Kuyper · Lawrence Tech · Madonna · Marygrove · Northwood · Olivet · Rochester · Saint Mary's · Siena Heights · Spring Arbor · Walsh · William Tyndale
Alpena CC · Bay de Noc CC · Bay Mills CC · Delta · Glen Oaks CC · Gogebic CC · Grand Rapids CC · Henry Ford CC · Jackson CC · Kalamazoo Valley CC · Kellogg CC · Kirtland CC · Lake Michigan · Lansing CC · Macomb CC · Mid Michigan CC · Monroe County CC · Montcalm CC · Mott CC · Muskegon CC · North Central Michigan · Northwestern Michigan · Oakland CC · St. Clair County CC · Schoolcraft · Southwestern Michigan · Washtenaw CC · Wayne County CC · West Shore CC
Alpena CC • Ancilla College • Delta College • Glen Oaks CC • Grand Rapids CC • Henry Ford CC • Jackson CC • Kalamazoo Valley CC • Kellogg CC • Kirtland CC • Lake Michigan College • Lansing CC • Macomb CC • Mott CC • Muskegon CC • Oakland CC • St. Clair County CC • Schoolcraft College • Wayne County CC
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.