- Michel Danino
Michel Danino Born June 4, 1956
He participated in the translation and publication of the works of Sri Aurobindo and of The Mother. Danino also edited India's Rebirth (a selection from Sri Aurobindo's works about India, first published in 1993, translated into nine Indian languages) and India the Mother. He engaged himself also for the preservation of tropical rainforest in the Nilgiri Hills. In 2001, he convened the International Forum for India's Heritage (IFIH), having over 160 eminent founder members, with the mission of promoting the essential values of India's heritage in every field of life.
In The Invasion that Never Was (2000), he has criticized the "Aryan invasion theory" and its proponents, instead opting for the notion of "Indigenous Aryans". Danino asserts that Aryans are indigenous to India.
Birth and Early life
Danino was born in 1956 at Honfleur (France) into a Jewish family, which had emigrated from Morocco. He was attracted to India from an early age. Yogis of India, Sri Aurobindo and The Mother particularly attracted him. In 1977, dissatisfied after four years of higher scientific studies, he left France for India, where he has since been living.
- Sri Aurobindo and Indian Civilization (1999)
- The Invasion that Never Was (2000)
- The Indian Mind Then and Now (2000)
- Is Indian Culture Obsolete? (2000)
- Kali Yuga or the Age of Confusion (2001)
- L'Inde et l'invasion de nulle part - Le dernier repaire du mythe aryen (2006) Les Belles Lettres. ISBN 2-251-72010-3
- The Lost River - On the trail of the Sarasvati (2010). ISBN 9780143068648.
Modern Dharma / Dhamma writers (1875 to date) Buddhist
Rahul Sankrityayan · B. R. Ambedkar · S. N. Goenka · Stephen Batchelor · Lokesh Chandra · Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche · Pema Chödrön · Edward Conze · Lama Surya Das · Alexandra David-Néel · Henepola Gunaratana · Kelsang Gyatso · Dalai Lama · Thrangu Rinpoche · Walpola Rahula · C. A. F. Rhys Davids · T. W. Rhys Davids · Seongcheol · Sogyal Rinpoche · Chogyal Namkhai Norbu · Robert Thurman · Richard Gombrich · Chah Subhatto · Nanavira Thera · Thanissaro Bhikkhu · Bhikkhu Bodhi · Nyanaponika Thera · Jack Kornfield · Gil Fronsdal · Seung Sahn · Kitaro Nishida · Khyentse Norbu · D. T. Suzuki · Paul Reps · Scott Shaw · Thich Nhat Hanh · Yin Shun · Hsuan Hua · Hsing Yun · Nan Huai-Chin · Philip Kapleau · Shunryu Suzuki · Taizan Maezumi · Han Yong-un · Ole Nydahl · Matthieu Ricard · Lama Anagarika Govinda · Daisaku Ikeda · Shohaku Okumura · Dainin Katagiri · Reb Anderson
Hindu Jain Sikh Syncretic, etc.
- Michel Danino homepage
- HinduWisdom Quotes from Michel Danino
- Effects of Colonization on Indian Thought, Michel Danino (1999)
- ^ Pande Daniel, Vaihayasi. "'The Sarasvati was more sacred than Ganga'". Rediff.com. http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/may/22/interview-with-michel-danino.htm. Retrieved 8 August 2011. "Technically, I am not a 'foreigner': I adopted Indian citizenship some years ago."
- ^ IFIH's Founder Members
- ^ http://micheldanino.voiceofdharma.com/
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.