- Panini Comics
Panini Comics Fichier:Logo panini.jpg Industry Comics Headquarters Modena, Italy Area served Argentina, Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom Parent Panini Group Divisions Marvel UK
Panini Comics is an Italian comic book publisher. A division of Panini Group, best known for their collectible stickers, it is headquartered in Modena, Italy. The company publishes comic books in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, as well as manga in several non-English-speaking countries through the Planet Manga publishing division.
It obtained the Marvel UK license in 1995, enabling it to publish reprinted American Marvel Comics titles, and is also the company responsible for printing the Doctor Who Magazine.
In the United Kingdom, Panini Comics prints its Collectors' Edition (CE) line, which consists of reprints of Marvel US Comics. These are usually 76 pages long, and the current cost of the comics is £2.95. A subscription offer is also available, and each comic is published every 28 days, with the exception of Astonishing Spider-Man which has been published fortnightly since volume 2.
Also printed is Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men and, in a larger format to its US counterpart and for younger readers there is Spectacular Spider-Man Adventures and Spider-Man and Friends. Former titles printed by Panini include Marvel Rampage, Batman Legends (now printed by Titan Magazines), Marvel Heroes Reborn and Ultimate Fantastic Four.
Panini also release their own range of trade paperbacks. These are all reprinted material from the American originals, and can be bought from their online shop. They have also been printing a seemingly highly successful series of A.T.O.M. comics, which followed on from their Action Man, though it was recently cancelled.
Panini renewed and expanded their license with Marvel in 2006. This made them the "master license holder" for Europe and parts of Latin American and lead to the development of non-English language titles with Marvel, including Wolverine: Saudade, by Jean-David Morvan and Philippe Buchet, and Daredevil & Captain America: Dead On Arrival, by Tito Faraci and Claudio Villa.
The CE's have now been printing the "events" that Marvel have put out yearly. The event Siege is being published as of late.
The UK site also has a popular forum, primarily for discussion of Panini Comics' publications and comics in general as well as promotion of British Comic Conventions. It has around 580 members and 580 posts as of August 2011.
A new title, Marvel Heroes, was launched in 2008, based on the general formula of Spectacular Spider-Man, with new comic stories from creators like Scott Gray, Al Ewing and John McCrea.
In 2009 a new title GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra was published based on the film of the same name.
PublicationsMain article: List of Marvel UK publications
Their current comics are:
- Astonishing Spider-Man
- Avengers Unconquered (formerly Avengers United)
- Essential X-Men
- Fantastic Four Adventures
- Wolverine and Deadpool (formerly Wolverine Unleashed and Wolverine and Gambit)
- Marvel Legends
- The Mighty World of Marvel
- Marvel Super Heroes (formerly Marvel Heroes)
- Spectacular Spider-Man
- Spider-Man and Friends (a magazine aimed at young readers)
- Tom and Jerry
- Looney Tunes Presents
Previous titles include:
- GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (six issues only, 2009)
- Action Man (1996-2006)
- Action Man: A.T.O.M.
- Transformers: Armada
- ^ "Corporate Info." Panini Group. Retrieved on 5 September 2009.
- ^ Panini, Marvel Expand Agreement, Announce New Projects (press release), Newsarama, March 29, 2006
- ^ Going Inside Wolverine: Saudade, Newsarama, September 11, 2008
- ^ Panini UK Launches 'Marvel Heroes' with All-New Strips, Newsarama, October 9, 2008
- Panini (UK) at the Grand Comics Database
- Panini (UK) at the Comic Book DB
- Panini (France) at the Grand Comics Database
- Panini (France) at the Comic Book DB
- Panini (Spain) at the Grand Comics Database
- Panini (Spain) at the Comic Book DB
- Panini (Germany) at the Comic Book DB
- Panini Group
- Panini Comics
- Panini Comics UK
- Your Friendly UK Spider-Man: Talking To Panini's Ed Hammond, Newsarama, December 10, 2007
Panini Comics Collectors Editions Collectors Editions
The Astonishing Spider-Man • Avengers Unconquered • Essential X-Men • Fantastic Four Adventures • Marvel Legends • The Mighty World of Marvel • Wolverine and DeadpoolCategories:
- Comic book publishing companies of Brazil
- Comic book publishing companies of Italy
- Manhua distributors
- Marvel UK
- Manhwa distributors
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.