- The Cosa Nostra Klub
The Cosa Nostra Klub Also known as Count Nosferatu Kommando, Count Nosferatu Origin Clermont-Ferrand, France Genres Industrial black metal (early)
Symphonic metal, Industrial metal (now)
Years active 1996–1998, 2004–present Labels Season of Mist, Kodiak Associated acts Anorexia Nervosa, Tamtrum, Antaeus, Crack ov Dawn Website www.thecnk.org Members Nicolas St. Morand
The Cosa Nostra Klub (often abbreviated as The CNK) is a French black metal/industrial metal band, founded in Clermont-Ferrand, (France) in 1996 by Mr Hreidmarr (former singer of Anorexia Nervosa) and Mr Heinrich Von B. The band has changed their name three times: Count Nosferatu, Count Nosferatu Kommando and in 2006 it has been renamed The Cosa Nostra Klub.
The band started as a raw black metal group, then named Count Nosferatu. They were a teenage band consisting of five members. They separated in 1998.
After joining Anorexia Nervosa in 1998, Hreidmarr focused on his new group and put The CNK on hold. They waited 4 years before a new album was released, Ultraviolence Über Alles, in 2002. This new album is described as a mix of guitars, guns and war machines, to create a massive and violent sound. The band had only one rule: to go beyond the limits, using as many effects as needed to create a completely new sound, very machine-like. Unfortunately, the band did not have a solid formation and was therefore unable to play their new album live.
On the 20th of December 2005, Hreidmarr departed from Anorexia Nervosa. Even though he was still working on The CNK during his free time with Heinrich, things speed up after Hreidmarr's departure. The duo recruited Sylvicious of Tamtrum and the (in)famous parisian designer Valnoir of Metastazis. Their new album would have a very different sound than their first album as they would use a completely new way of creating an album. Instead of starting off with guitar riffs and drum beats, they used remixed samples of classical music from various composers, such as Beethoven, Orff, Prokofiev and Tchaïkovski. "The CNK dream team is now complete and ready to grind, raze, crush, and piss you off with an incredibly heavy opus of Wagner-like and anti-politically correct electro-metal. Entitled "L'Hymne à la Joie", the band's second album is produced by Stefan Bayle (ANOREXIA NERVOSA), and sounds like Carl Orff drinking Martini with Rammstein and Alec Empire, sitting together on a heap of human corpses, rambling on the death of our modern world."
The album was very well received by the public and the band began touring on April 11, 2008, playing songs from both albums. They are currently working on a reedition of Ultraviolence Über Alles, which is now sold-out, a video and a third opus. They hinted that this new album would not use classical samples and would be more tragic than the other two. On November 13, a statement was made on their Myspace that drummer Sylvicious was replaced by Fabrizzio Volponi (Antaeus, Horrid Flesh), due to the busy schedule of both Tamtrum and The CNK. On November 16 the band will re-release a remaster version of their debut album. Ultraviolence Über Alles with new artwork and cover.
(From the band's website)
Ultraviolence Uber Alles Ubercharged
The long-awaited reissue of our sold-out debut album, ULTRAVIOLENCE UBER ALLES, will finally be released by Season of Mist on next November! It will feature the whole album, remastered by Mr Xort, a brand new twisted artwork, plus all the songs remixed or covered by some bands we love, such as BLACKRAIN, HERRSCHAFT, VARSOVIE, TAMTRUM, and many more... The whole shit will be packaged in a beautiful smart ass digipack. Hell yeah.
Stay tuned, cuz we’ve got some other great news coming soon!
- Das Schwarze Order (demo - 1996)
- Soleil Noir (demo - 1998)
- Ultraviolence Über Alles (2002)
- L'Hymne à la Joie (2007)
- Ultraviolence Über Alles - Übercharged Edition (2009)
- Mr Heinrich Von B (Jean-Sébastien Ogilvy : guitar, vocals)
- Mr Hreidmarr (Nicolas St Morand : vocals, former-Anorexia Nervosa as Rose Hreidmarr, former-Crack ov Dawn, former-Malveliance, former-My Darkest Dream)
- Mr Valnoir (Jean-Emmanuel Artfield-Lautrec : bass, vocals) (Metastazis)
- Fabrizzio Volponi (aka HDK : drums, former drummer of Antaeus)
- Mr Sylvicious (drums) (Tamtrum)
- Grafin Orlock (keyboards)
- Melissa De Sainte Croix (Melissa DSC) (bass)
- Doktor Holocausto (drums)
- Athevros (guitars)
- Sir Orias (bass)
- Morbus Gravis (bass)
- Lord Sidragazum (drums)
- ^ "The CNK Official Myspace". The CNK. http://www.myspace.com/thecnk. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- ^ "The CNK Interview". Imm3moria. http://www.imm3moria.org/v4/content/view/328/41/. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- ^ "The CNK Official Myspace". http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=51971240&blogID=448693353.
- ^ http://www.myspace.com/hreidmarr
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.