Akole — city —
Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Maharashtra District(s) Ahmednagar Nearest city Sangamner Parliamentary constituency Shirdi Civic agency Grampanchaayat Population 15,668 (2001[update]) Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area
• 593 metres (1,946 ft)
• 0 kilometres (0 mi)
Akole is a Taluka Place in Ahmednagar District, Maharashtra State India.
Well Surrounded with the mountains of Sahyadri.
This place holds significant contribution in History & Geography of Maharashtra.
Perfect place for nature lovers.
Key Features are -
1) Pravara River - Well known for its Sweet water
2) Wilson Dam - Completely Built in Lead
3) Umbrella Falls - Water falls with the shape of an umbrella
4) Randha Falls - Falls used for shooting in lot of bollywood flicks including "Maine Pyaar Kiya" and "Raju Chacha"
5) Kalsubai - Highest Peak in Maharashtra 1646 m
6) Ghatghar - Highest Rainfalls in Maharashtra and 1st project of Udanchan hydroproject of 250 MW
7) Konkankada - flattest,Sharpest and deepest edge of mountains
8) Bhandardara Dam - Beautiful dam
9) Agasti Rishi Ashram- place where Bhagwan Shri Ram meet Agasti rishi
10) Nilwande Dam - New Dam built famous lake side view.
11) Amruteshwar temple- best example of construction in the era of Peshve(Maratha)
12) Sri Gajanan Maharaj Mandir - a great saint of 19'th century from Shegaon.
13)Ambika Temple Tahakari, one of the beautiful temple in the ahmednagar district. Temple is supposed to be hemadpanthi. On the outerside of temple there are beautiful statues of apsaras and this is main attraction of temple. this temple is somewhat similar to that of khajuraho temple. The main deity of Jagdamba is made up of wood. Temple is on the bank of river adhala.
15)Kalseshwar Temple in Kalas Bk near Akole - A beautiful Temple on a mountain surrounded by Pravara River
16)Harishchandragad. Good point to enjoy trekking
17)Fort of Ratangad, One of Shivaji's favorite fort
18)Sweet Peda of Rajur
19)Seen site near Koltembhe, really amazing for nature lover's
20)Breathtaking Fall near Samradh village
21)Near Big District Thane,Pune,Ahmednagar,& Nashik.
22)Shree Swami Samrtha Mandir- For Pravara River Side.(Bihu Nakos Mi Tuzya Pathishi Aahe) 23)Deothan : A village with number of Gods Temple away 12 Km from Akole.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.