- Marion Township, Fayette County, Ohio
Marion Township, Ohio — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Ohio County Fayette Area – Total 34.2 sq mi (88.6 km2) – Land 34.2 sq mi (88.6 km2) – Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2) Elevation 932 ft (284 m) Population (2000) – Total 748 – Density 21.9/sq mi (8.4/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 39-47684 GNIS feature ID 1086091
Marion Township is one of the ten townships of Fayette County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 748 people in the township, 656 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Madison Township - north
- Perry Township, Pickaway County - east
- Deerfield Township, Ross County - southeast corner
- Wayne Township - south
- Union Township - southwest
- Paint Township - northwest
Part of the village of New Holland is located in eastern Marion Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Fayette County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/general_ref/cousub_outline/cen2k_pgsz/oh_cosub.pdf. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
Municipalities and communities of Fayette County, Ohio City Villages Townships Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.