- Mesh (band)
Mesh Origin Bristol, England Genres Synthpop Years active 1991–Current Labels Koenigskinder/SPV GmbH Website www.mesh.co.uk Members Mark Hockings
Geoff Pinckney (Live)
Sean Suleman (Live)
Past members Neil Taylor
In 1991, Mark Hockings (vocals, guitars, keyboards, programming, lyrics) and Richard Silverthorn (keyboards, programming) met at a gig where Silverthorn's band was playing. They were soon joined by Neil Taylor (keyboards, programming), a former band-mate of Silverthorn, and continued as Mesh with this line up until 2006.
On 13 September 2006, Taylor announced that he was leaving the band to pursue other interests, saying "15 years is a long time and for me the time has come to move on and I need to give some headspace to other things in life". Hockings and Silverthorn have stated their desire to continue making music as Mesh. The band recruited keyboardist Geoff Pinckney (Toffeetones Records) to act as a replacement for Taylor during their live performances.
On 8 January 2009, Side-Line magazine informed that the band were working hard in their studio in Bristol, writing and recording their new album describing the sound as 'Grittier and more Rockier than before'.
On November 3 2009, saw the release of their tenth album "A Perfect Solution" which featured a more synth gritty rock sound rather than previous ones, it spawned 2 singles, first single "Only Better" (which a promotional video was made for) followed by second single "How Long".
On August 26 2011 the band announced via twitter that Geoff Pinckney "will no longer be playing live with mesh".
All information relates to the CD versions unless otherwise noted
- Fragile - (1994, Tolerance Records, (TOLCD001)
- Fragile - (1995, Memento Materia, MEMO 020) - Reissue
- Fragile - (1996, Jarrett Records, CDWERK05) - U.S. reissue with additional tracks
- In This Place Forever - (1996, Memento Materia, MEMO 021)
- Fragmente - (1998, Memento Materia, MEMO 027) - Compilation album. Featuring singles, b-sides and album tracks
- The Point At Which It Falls Apart - (1999, Memento Materia, MEMO 032)
- On This Tour Forever - (2001, Synthetic Product Records, SPR 012) - Live album recorded at various venues during 1999 and 2000
- Original 91-93 - (2001, Tolerance Records, TOLCD002) - Compilation album. Featuring early tracks recorded during 1991-93 and previously unreleased on CD
- Fragmente 2 - (2002, Synthetic Product Records, SPR 029) - Compilation album. Featuring remixes and b-sides
- Who Watches Over Me? - (2002, Home Records, 506167 2)
- We Collide - (2006, SPV, 82552) - Also released as a Ltd edition with bonus DVD (SPV 82550)
- A Perfect Solution - (2009, Dependent, MIND 140)
- An Alternative Solution (2011, Dependent Records (EU) / Metropolis (US)
- "You Didn't Want Me" - (1997, Memento Materia, MEMO 023)
- "You Didn't Want Me" - (1997, Jarrett Records, JR121201S) - US version with different track listing.
- "Fragile - The Mixes" - (1997, Jarrett Records, JR121202S) - US only release.
- "Trust You" - (1998, Jarrett Records, JR120502)
- "People Like Me (With This Gun)" - (1999, Memento Materia, MEMO 035)
- "It Scares Me" - (1999, Memento Materia, MEMO 042)
- "Not Prepared" - (1999, Memento Materia, MEMO 044)
- "Not Prepared" - (1999, Synthetic Product Records, SPR 004) - German version with additional track.
- "Not Prepared Dance" - (1999, Indigo, 9045-6) - Ltd edition vinyl EP.
- "Live Singles EP" - (2000, Memento Materia, MEMO 047)
- "Waves" - (2000, Bigpop Records, 8 97209-2) - Released as Mark'Oh & Mesh. Cover version of the Blancmange track.
- "Leave You Nothing" - (2002, Home Records, HOM 672336 2)
- "Friends Like These" - (2003, Home Records, HOM 673447 2) - EP with 8 remixes, 2 videos and an exclusive track.
- "Crash" - (2006, SPV, SPV 82573 CDS-E)
- "My Hands Are Tied" / "Petrified" - (2006, SPV, SPV CDS 82613)
- "Only Better" - (September 2009, Dependent, MIND 135)
- "How Long?" - (March 2010, Dependent, MIND 149)
- On This Tour Forever - (2000, Memento Materia) - Live VHS only. Released as a Ltd edition box set with the soundtrack CD
- We Collide Tour - (2007, Major Records, LC 13605) - Live DVD with additional footage. Also released as a Ltd edition including 2CD soundtrack
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.