name = cURL
latest_release_version = 7.19.0
latest_release_date = release date|2008|09|01
programming_language = C
FTP client/ HTTP client
license = [http://curl.haxx.se/docs/copyright.html MIT/X derivate license]
website = http://curl.haxx.se/
cURL is a
command linetool for transferring files with URL syntax. The strong point of cURL is the number of data transfer protocols it supports (listed further down). Distributed under the MIT License, cURL is free software.
The main purpose and use for cURL is to automate unattended file transfers or sequences of operations. For example, it is a good tool for simulating a user's actions at a
Libcurl is the corresponding library/API that users may incorporate into their programs; cURL acts as a
stand-alonewrapper to the libcurl library. libcurl is used to provide URL transfer capabilities to numerous applications (open-source as well as proprietary).
Bindings for more than 30 languages are available for libcurl.
Additional format support includes (and many other features):
* HTTPS certificates
* HTTP POST
* HTTP PUT
* FTP uploading
* HTTP form based upload
authentication(Basic Digest NTLMand Negotiate for HTTP and kerberos4 for FTP)
* file transfer resume
* HTTP proxy tunneling
* [http://curl.haxx.se/ cURL website]
* [http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html cURL manpage]
* [http://php.net/curl PHP using cURL method ]
* [http://www.oooff.com/seo-scripts.php Tutorials, Using PHP & cURL to Webscrape ]
* [http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html Scripting HTTP requests using cURL]
* [http://www.wagerank.com/2007/how-to-submit-forms-with-php/ How To Submit Forms With cURL and PHP]
* [http://daniel.haxx.se/docs/curl-vs-wget.html curl vs wget comparison]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.