Control is the ability to purposefully direct, or suppress, change.
Control can also refer to:
Entertainment, sports and games
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, "Control" was the head of the Circus, a stand-in for MI-6, in the 1974 British spy novel by John le Carré. He is George Smiley's mentor and a master spy.
- Control (2004 film), a direct-to-video film starring Ray Liotta, Willem Dafoe and Michelle Rodriguez
- Control (2005 film), an Australian short film written and directed by Jon Cohen
- Control (2007 film), a film based on the life of Joy Division front man Ian Curtis, referencing the song "She's Lost Control"
- In the sitcom (and related movies) Get Smart, "CONTROL" is the name of a secret American government counter-espionage agency
- Control (GoodBooks album) a 2007 album by GoodBooks
- Control (Janet Jackson album), a 1986 album by Janet Jackson
- "Control" (Janet Jackson song), a song from the above album
- "Control" (Metro Station song), a 2007 song by Metro Station
- "Control" (Mutemath song) a 2004 song by Mutemath
- Control (Pedro the Lion album), a 2002 album by Pedro the Lion
- "Control" (Puddle of Mudd song), a 2001 song by Puddle of Mudd
- "Control", the first single from from Traci Lords' album 1000 Fires
- "She's Lost Control", a 1979 song by Joy Division
- (Get Smart), CONTROL was the satirical secret American government counter-espionage agency, pitted against KAOS
- "Control" (House), an episode of the television series House
- Ctrl (web series), an American comedy web series produced by NBC
- Control is a feature of a contract bridge hand.
- Control-bid is a bid in contract bridge that shows a control feature of a hand.
Management and finance
- Control (management): an element of management
- Control freak, a person who attempts to dictate how everything around them is done
- An element of management accounting
- Internal control: a process implemented in an organization to help in achieving specific goals
- Comptroller (or controller): a senior financial officer in an organization
- Foreign exchange controls: regulations on trade.
Science and technology
- Argument control, in linguistics
- Biological pest control, a natural method of controlling pests such as insects, weeds, and plant diseases
- Control engineering, a discipline of modeling and controlling of systems
- Control flow, the means of specifying the sequence of operations in computer programs
- Control key, on a computer keyboard
- Control network, a set of reference-points of known geospatial coordinates
- Control point (orienteering)
- Control system, the ability to control some mechanical or chemical equipment
- Control theory, the mathematical theory about controlling dynamical systems over time
- Controlling for a variable, in statistics
- GUI widget (control or widget), a component of a graphical user interface
- Scientific control to isolate variables in experiments
- Self control, ability to control one's emotions and desires
- Locus of control, extent to which individuals believe that they can control events that affect them
- Lorazepam, sold under the trade name Control
- Chlordiazepoxide, also sold under the trade name Control
- Control (linguistics), the relation between a missing element of a subordinate clause and its co-referent in the matrix clause
- Action (disambiguation)
- Control point (disambiguation)
- Controller (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.