- Medina Township, Warren County, Indiana
Medina Township — Township — Coordinates: 40°26′12″N 87°08′27″W / 40.43667°N 87.14083°WCoordinates: 40°26′12″N 87°08′27″W / 40.43667°N 87.14083°W Country United States State Indiana County Warren Government - Type Indiana township Area - Total 27.15 sq mi (70.33 km2) - Land 26.92 sq mi (69.73 km2) - Water 0.23 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.85% Elevation 699 ft (213 m) Population (2000) - Total 452 - Density 16.8/sq mi (6.5/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) - Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) GNIS feature ID 0453617
Medina Township is one of twelve townships in Warren County, Indiana, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 452.
Medina Township was one of the original four created when the county was organized in 1827.
Medina Township covers an area of 27.15 square miles (70.3 km2); of this, 0.23 square miles (0.60 km2) or 0.85 percent is water. It contains one town, Green Hill, which is in the southeast part of the township. The stream of Armstrong Creek runs through this township.
The township contains Davis Cemetery and Pond Grove Cemetery.
Indiana State Road 26 runs across the north part of the township from west to east, connecting Pine Village with Lafayette.
Medina Township is part of the Metropolitan School District of Warren County.
Medina Township has a trustee who administers rural fire protection and ambulance service, provides poor relief, manages cemetery care, and performs farm assessment, among other duties. The trustee is assisted in these duties by a three-member township board. The trustees and board members are elected to four-year terms.
Medina Township is part of Indiana's 8th congressional district, Indiana House of Representatives District 26, and Indiana State Senate District 38.
- ^ United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- ^ Warren County Historical Society 1966, p. 42.
- ^ "Davis Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:433347. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- ^ "Pond Grove Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:441427. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- ^ "State Road 26". Highway Explorer. http://www.highwayexplorer.com/EndsPage.php?id=1026§ion=1. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- ^ "Corporation Snapshot, M S D Warren County #8115". Indiana Department of Education. http://mustang.doe.state.in.us/SEARCH/snapcorp.cfm?corp=8115. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- ^ "Government". United Township Association of Indiana. http://unitedtownships.org/?page_id=95. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- ^ "Indiana Senate Districts" (GIF). Stats Indiana. http://www.stats.indiana.edu/maptools/maps/boundary/legislative/state%20senate%20districts.gif. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ "Indiana House Districts" (GIF). Stats Indiana. http://www.stats.indiana.edu/maptools/maps/boundary/legislative/state%20house%20districts.gif. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Medina Township, Warren County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:0453617. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- Goodspeed, Weston A. (1883). "Part II. History of Warren County". Counties of Warren, Benton, Jasper and Newton, Indiana. Chicago: F. A. Battey and Company. pp. 31–156. http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924028850010#page/n33/mode/2up. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- Clifton, Thomas, ed (1913). Past and Present of Fountain and Warren Counties Indiana. Indianapolis: B. F. Bowen and Company. pp. 201–335. http://www.archive.org/stream/pastpresentoffou01clif#page/346/mode/2up. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- Warren County Historical Society (1966). A History of Warren County, Indiana. Williamsport, Indiana.
- Warren County Historical Society (2002). A History of Warren County, Indiana (175th Anniversary Edition). Williamsport, Indiana.
Bolivar Township, Benton County Shelby Township, Tippecanoe County Adams Township Medina Township Warren Township Municipalities and communities of Warren County, Indiana Towns Townships Unincorporated
Carbondale | Foster | Green Hill | Hedrick | Independence | Johnsonville | Judyville | Kramer | Marshfield | Pence | Rainsville | Stewart | Tab | Winthrop
Baltimore | Brisco | Chatterton | Chesapeake | Dresser | Kickapoo | Locust Grove | Point Pleasant | Sloan | Walnut Grove | WarrentonCategories:
- Townships in Warren County, Indiana
- 1827 establishments in the United States
- Populated places established in 1827
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.