- Topic outline of music
The following topic outline is provided as an overview of and introduction to music:
Music theory– Musical acoustics– Band (music)–
Musician– Music and politics– Music history– Music lessons – Music technology– Musical notation– Musical terminology–
History of music
Music industry topics
Compact disk (CD) –
Compact Cassette– Concert– Concert tour– Grammy Awards– Music recording sales certification– Performance–
Record industry– Recording studio
A&R– ASCAP – Arranger– Band manager– Booker – BMI – Composer– Copyright collective– MCPS – Musical ensemble– Musician– Musicians' Union– publisher – PRS – Record label– Record producer– Record distributor– Road crew ("roadies") – Singer– Songwriter– Performance rights organisation– Tour promoter
Musical ensembleand list of musical ensembles"
Choir– Concert band– Duet– Marching Band – Orchestra– Quartet– Quintet
Genres of music
Musical genreand List of musical genres"
Examples of genres:
Electronic dance– Electronica– Funk–
Hip hop –
Latin American –
Progressive rock– Rapcore– Reggae–
Rhythm and blues–
Music by region
Types of musical pieces and compositions
Strophic form(AA...) – Binary form(AB) – Ternary formless often tertiary (ABA) – Arch form(ABCBA)
:Multi-movement forms: Ballet –
Cantata– Chorale– Concerto– Dance – Etude– Fantasia – Fugue– Mass – Opera– Oratorio– Prelude – Requiem– Rhapsody – Sonata – Suite– Symphonic poem– Symphony
Sections of a piece or composition
: "Main article:
Musical notation" "See also: Modern musical symbolsand Sheet music."
** Bars (Measures)
Lyrics(included on vocal music)
* Score (for ensembles)
Variations of musical notation
Musical skills and procedures
Absolute pitch– Ear training– Fingering– Learning music by ear–
Relative pitch– Sight reading–
Soprano– Mezzo-soprano– Contralto
Boy soprano: Sopranist– Alto – Tenor– Baritone– Bass-baritone– Bass
Musical instrumentand List of musical instruments" Wind instruments – LamellOphones – Percussion instruments – String instruments –
Electronic instruments – Keyboard instruments
"See also the"
List of musical instruments by Hornbostel-Sachs number
Glossary of musical terminology
List of Music Genome Project attributes
* [http://www.vmuzica.com VMuzica.com - Video Music]
* [http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary/ The Virginia Tech Multimedia Music Dictionary] , with definitions, pronunciations, examples, quizzes and simulations
* [http://www.music-web.org The Music-Web Music Encyclopedia] , for musicians, composers and music lovers
* [http://dolmetsch.com/musictheorydefs.htm Dolmetsch free online music dictionary] , complete, with references to a list of specialised music dictionaries (by continent, by instrument, by genre, etc.)
* [http://en.musico-dico.com/ Musico-Dico] , a little music encyclopedia.
* [http://www.uned.es/dpto_fil/revista/polemos/articulos/MA_Quintana_On%20Hermeneutical%20Ethics%20&%20Education%20(Internet)2.doc "On Hermeneutical Ethics and Education: Bach als Erzieher"] , a paper by Prof. Miguel Ángel Quintana Paz in which he explains the history of the different views hold about music in Western societies, since the Ancient Greece to our days.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.