- Dangerfield (TV series)
Dangerfield is a British drama series about a small town doctor / police surgeon, which ran for 6 series, between 1995 and 1999. Originally Nigel Le Vaillant played the central role (the eponymous Paul Dangerfield), but this character later left the series, the focus switching to his replacement, played by Nigel Havers.
The BBC decided to end the series in November 1999 when Nigel Havers announced his decision to quit. The BBC felt viewers would not find the series credible if the main character was changed for a second time.
The show like a number of other BBC dramas of the 1980s and 1990s also featured a number of borderline fantasy episodes. These included "Tricks", "Angel" and "Haunted".
The TV trailers for Dangerfield were heavily parodied by The Fast Show in which the character was called Monkfish and would appear as a tough uncompromising Doctor, Policeman, vet and even as an interior designer with titles mixed in with other BBC shows of the time.
Selected cast list
- Nigel Le Vaillant - Dr. Paul Dangerfield (1995-1997)
- Sean Maguire - Marty Dangerfield (1995)
- Tim Vincent - Marty Dangerfield (1996-1997)
- Lisa Faulkner - Allison Dangerfield (1995)
- Tamzin Malleson - Allison Dangerfield (1996-1997)
- Nigel Havers - Dr. Jonathan Paige (1997-)
- Amanda Redman - Dr. Joanna Stevens (1995)
- Nadim Sawalha - Dr. Shaaban Hamada (1995-1998)
- Nicola Cowper - DS. Helen Diamond (1996-)
- George Irving - DI Ken Jackson (1995)
- Roderick Smith - Sgt. Keith Lardner
- Mo Sesay - PC Nigel Spenser (1995)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.