- Blues (disambiguation)
bluesis a vocal and instrumental form of music based on the use of the blue notes and a repetitive pattern. The word is also often used in musical contexts to refer to the twelve bar blues, a particular blues song form.
Blues may also refer to:
Royal Horse Guards (The Blues), Household Cavalry regiment of the British Army
* Blues, video game character from the Mega Man series
* "The Blues", documentary series produced by Martin Scorsese
* A depressed mood is often referred to as "the blues"
Blues dance, a style of social dance done to blues music
* "Blues", a play about the homeless in America.
Polyommatinae, a butterfly subfamily, often referred to as "Blues"
Valiumpills are sometimes referred to as "blues" in street slang.
* Blues, a political party in the
Byzantine empire. Their rivals were the Greens.
* Blue Mountains, a mountain range in Nunavut, Canada
* Association of Breton Blues, a liberal and anticlerical organization in late 19th century Brittany.
* "Blues", compilation album by guitarist Jimi Hendrix
* "The Blues", 1999 compilation by Eric Clapton
* "Blues", a Bob Dylan compilation album
Blues Saraceno(born 1971), guitarist and producer
The Blues (song)", 1990 song by Tony! Toni! Toné!
* "Blues", the sixth movement of Mike Oldfield's "
Tubular Bells 2003" album
Blues (Super rugby franchise), Super 14 rugby union team based in Auckland
Cardiff Blues, rugby union team from Wales
Carlton Blues, Australian rules football team in the AFL
Cleveland Blues, various baseball teams of that former name
Espoo Blues, ice hockey team of Espoo, Finland
Les bleus" (the blues) is the nickname for the French national association football team and French national rugby union team
Nashville Blues, a minor league baseball team based in Nashville, Tennessee in 1887
New South Wales Blues, first class cricket team in Australia
* New South Wales Blues, a
rugby leagueteam representing New South Wales, Australia.
St. Louis Blues (hockey), professional NHL ice hockey team based in St. Louis, Missouri
Sturt Double Blues, Australian rules football team in the SANFL
* "The Blues" is a nickname of a number of British association football clubs:
Birmingham City F.C.
Ipswich Town F.C.
Manchester City F.C.
University Sporting Blue, an award won by athletes at Oxford and Cambridge; "Blues" are the participants in The Boat Race
The Blues (disambiguation)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.