- Avaya Secure Router 4134
Avaya Secure Router 4134
The Avaya Secure Router 4134 (or SR-4134) in telecommunications and computer networking technologies is a device manufactured by Avaya that combines the functions of WAN Routing, stateful firewall security, Ethernet switching, IP telephony, and Microsoft mediation into one device. The system is very energy efficient, and can save the owner as much as 40% on energy total cost of owenership according to third party test by the Tolly Group. In July 2011 it was integrated with the Silver Peak WAN optimization appliance to optimize the performance of enterprise voice, video, and unified communications (UC), to ensure that remote users have fast and reliable access to all centralized applications.
This system is normally installed at a headquarters, regional or branch office and connected across the wide area network to another router or secure router at a regional, branch or other smaller remote location.
Several telecommunication modules for use with T1/E1 ports, and DS3 ports (clear channel or channelized) will allow the system to operate over a wide range of telecommunication circuits. The Ethernet modules also support Power over Ethernet ports up to seventy two ports.
- Cryptographic Module Validation (FIPS140-1 and FIPS 140-2) 
- The SR-2330 has been validated as conforming to the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) specified in both FIPS 186-2 with Change Notice 1 dated October 5, 2001 and FIPS 186-3 dated June 2009, both titled Digital Signature Standard (DSS).
- NIST has validated the Secure Hash Algorithms
- ^ "Evaluation of Energy Consumption and Projected Costs for a Converged LAN Campus, Data Center and WAN". The Tolly Group. July 2008. http://www.tolly.com/ts/2008/Nortel/ERS8600/Tolly208298NortelConvergedNetEnergyCosts.pdf. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- ^ "WAN Performance Analysis and TCO Evaluation for Branch Router Deployments". Tolly Enterprises, LLC. March 2009. http://www.nortel.com/products/01/secure_router/collateral/tolly_sr4134_vs_cisr3845.pdf. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- ^ Jacob, Marc (July 2011). "Silver Peak and Avaya Integrate WAN Optimization on Branch Routers to Optimize Voice, Video and Data to Remote Offices". Global Security Mag. http://www.globalsecuritymag.com/Silver-Peak-and-Avaya-Integrate,20110718,24865.html. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- ^ "Cryptographic Module Validation Program FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2 Modules In Process List". National Institute of Standards and Technology. 1 Aug 2011. http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140InProcess.pdf. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- ^ "DSA Validation List". National Institute of Standards and Technology. 1 Aug 2011. http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cavp/documents/dss/dsaval.htm. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- ^ "SHS Validation List". National Institute of Standards and Technology. 1 Aug 2011. http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cavp/documents/shs/shaval.htm. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- Tolly Group Engineers (January 11, 2010). Avaya Secure Router 4134 vs. Cisco ISR 3845: WAN Performance Analysis and TCO Evaluation for Branch Router Deployments - Report # 210111. Tolly Enterprises, LLC.
- Tolly Group Engineers (March 6, 2009). Nortel Secure Router 4134 vs. Cisco ISR 3845: WAN Performance Analysis and TCO Evaluation for Branch Router Deployments # 209104. Tolly Enterprises, LLC.
- Kerner, Michael (23 Ma 2007). "Nortel: We're Back and We're 'Hyper'". Internet News. http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3679476. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Tolly Group Engineers (March 2010). "Avaya Date Networking Solutions Performance, Resiliency and TCO Comparison to Cisco/HP ProCurve Across Network Classes". Tolly Enterprises, LLC. http://www.datavoice.com.au/SMB-solutions/PDFs/data-networks/Tolly210113AvayaSummary.pdf. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Microsoft (May 2010). "Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program". Microsoft.com. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ocs/bb735838. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Musich, Paula (21 May 2007). "Nortel Reveals Data Networking Strategy". Baseline. http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/Business-Intelligence/Nortel-Reveals-Data-Networking-Strategy/. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- "Unified Communications TCO Showdown: Avaya vs. Cisco". Info-Tech Research Group Inc.. 19 January 2010. http://www.infotech.com/research/unified-communications-tco-showdown-avaya-vs-cisco. Retrieved 2 Aug 2011.
- Secure Router 4134 Series - Retrieved 22 July 2011
Unified Communications Aura
ApplicationsAgile Communication Environment • Communications Manager
IP Phones1100 Series IP Deskphones (1140E, 1120E, 1120SA) • Avaya 9600 Series IP Deskphones Management Tools Protocols Retired Products Category · Commons This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.