- List of Shake It Up episodes
This is a list of episodes for the Disney Channel original series Shake It Up, that premiered on November 7, 2010. The series follows two best friends, CeCe Jones and Rocky Blue (portrayed by Bella Thorne and Zendaya) who land their dream job as back-up dancers on the television show, Shake It Up, Chicago. The show follows their adventures in the show and features problems and issues such as their new social status and rivals on the show. Each episode ends with " it up" after a verb. The show was renewed for a second season on March 16, 2011. A movie was announced. The first season ended on August 21, 2011, and contained 21 episodes. The second season premiered on September 18, 2011.
Season Episodes Originally aired (U.S. dates) Season premiere Season finale 1 21 November 7, 2010 August 21, 2011 2 26 September 18, 2011 TBA
Season 1: 2010–11
- This season consists of 21 episodes
- Davis Cleveland is absent for two episodes.
- Adam Irigoyen is absent for three episodes.
- Roshon Fegan is absent for four episodes.
- Kenton Duty is absent for nine episodes.
Series # Season # Title Directed by Written by Original air date Prod.
1 1 "Start It Up" Shelley Jensen Chris Thompson November 7, 2010 101 6.2
Best friends Rocky (Zendaya) and CeCe (Bella Thorne) audition for the dance show, Shake It Up, Chicago. Rocky and Cece do a spotlight dance and Rocky makes it in. Unfortunately, Cece gets stage fright and doesn't make it in. The following morning, Rocky stays in her PJ's and it is CeCe who convinces her to get changed and go on the show. On what is to be her first appearance on the show, Rocky decides she does not want to participate since CeCe did not make it as well. CeCe forces Rocky to show up anyway as it has been their lifelong dream to dance on Shake It Up, Chicago. CeCe accompanies Rocky to the studio and just when Rocky is about to go on she handcuffs herself to CeCe so they both have to dance during the filming of the show. The host, Gary Wilde, sees them dancing and decide that they both have the "it" factor and he keeps both of them on the show.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde, Anita Barone as Officer Jones, Matthew Scott Montgomery as stage managerSong(s) featured: "Scratch", "Roll the Dice", "Watch Me", "Our Generation" and "All the Way Up"
2 2 "Meatball It Up" Shelley Jensen John D. Beck & Ron Hart November 14, 2010 104 4.1
Rocky and CeCe get their first paychecks and having their own debit cards. The nice man who gave them their cards promises to be friends with the girls and gives them loads of free things. Rocky and CeCe spend money on themselves instead of Deuce and Ty, so they treat them to The Olive Pit. At the restaurant CeCe and Rocky's cards are overdrawn, resulting them into eating The "Big Fat Heart Attack," spaghetti with a big meatball in order to let all of the orders be free. Meanwhile, Gunther and Tinka are babysitting Flynn and he tricks them into housekeeping and giving him half the pay. Georgia Jones isn't that angry as she loves coming home to clean dishes. At the end of the episode, Gary treats the Cast of Shake It Up, Chicago to a huge lunch from the Olive Pit. When Gary introduces Cece and Rocky to meatballs, they are sick.
Guest stars: Quest Crew from America's Best Dance Crew as the Dancers from "Shake It Up, Pittsburgh" Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Anita Barone as Officer Jones (Cece's Mom) and Jack Plotnick as Phil StutsNote: CeCe and Rocky's real names, Cecelia and Raquel, are revealed. Also, in this episode, it is revealed that Rocky is a vegetarian, just like Zendaya is in real life.
3 3 "Give It Up" Shelley Jensen Rob Lotterstein November 21, 2010 103 4.3
Rocky and CeCe decides to do a marathon in Shake It Up! Chicago so CeCe can get the Spotlight Dance and Rocky can donate money to a retirement home and also impress an elderly lady who hates her. CeCe gets energy drinks because the rules are to keep dancing on the floor without falling down. However Flynn (Davis Cleveland) drinks all of the energy drinks and becomes energetic and that Rocky and CeCe are too tired stopping Flynn. At the marathon, they nearly feel sleepy but thanks to Deuce, who gave them lightning pants, they win the marathon but end up sleeping at the end. When they win the spotlight dance, they fall asleep and Flynn dances, but then to falls to the ground, asleep. Songs featured: "Watch Me", "Our Generation"Note: This marks the first time Flynn dances.
Guest stars:Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Renée Taylor as Mrs. Locassio
4 4 "Add It Up" Shelley Jensen Eileen Conn November 28, 2010 105 3.8
CeCe finds herself in trouble when she learns that she is failing algebra class so Deuce finds her a tutor. When the tutor shows up at CeCe's house, CeCe, who was expecting a college boy, finds out that the tutor is a child genius in college named Henry (Buddy Handleson). Flynn then "breaks" CeCe's algebra tutor when Henry shares hair gel with Flynn and starts playing video games with him. When a fed-up Rocky offers her own tutoring services, Henry drops the bomb that CeCe is dyslexic, something even Rocky never knew. Rocky is upset that CeCe never told her. Meanwhile, Gunther convinces Ty to go on a date with Tinka (Caroline Sunshine) because Gunther (Kenton Duty) thinks Tinka feels lonely. Ty ends up enjoying their date. They dance and think about going out again. Gunther and Deuce bet on arm wrestling. They bet on Deuce's clothes, and when CeCe is cheered up by rocky about her dyslexia, they ask him why the clothes he's wearing is just a vest and his boxers.
Guest stars:Caroline Sunshine as TinkaNote: This episode reveals that CeCe has dyslexia and Rocky has big feet.
5 5 "Kick It Up" Shelley Jensen Ron Zimmerman December 5, 2010 107 4.3
After CeCe ruins Deuce's and Rocky's dates at the movie theater (though Rocky does not care), Deuce points out that CeCe and Rocky are too joined together like Gunther and Tinka. So CeCe decides to be separate from her for a little while. After some desperate calls to some old friends including her grandmother, CeCe runs into Rocky and sees that she has already made new friends at her karate class and CeCe is afraid she may be wrong for dumping Rocky. CeCe hangs out with Tinka who tells her that Gunther and her are individuals, just individuals together. Meanwhile, Flynn enlists his new friend, Henry, to join his karate class to help fend off bullies.
Songs featured: "All Electric"Absent: Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Kent Boyd from So You Think You Can Dance as Himself and Fred Stoller as Sensei Ira
Note: In this episode, Henry is beaten up by Sally Van Buren. In the episode "Glitz It Up" Sally Van Buren is one of the Cutie Queen Pageant girls.
6 6 "Age It Up" Shelley Jensen Rob Lotterstein December 9, 2010 108 N/A
When Rocky and CeCe get to dance with teen sensation Justin Starr, CeCe accidentally texts a photo of him kissing his manager to everyone on her contacts list that could ruin his career. Then, they find out that Starr is 24 years old and that his manager is his wife. Meanwhile, Ty tries to make Gunther more "hip", after being rejected by a popular cheerleader.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Chris Trousdale as Justin Starr and Breaksk8 from America's Best Dance Crew as featured dancersSongs featured: "Not Too Young"
Absent: Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones and Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
Note: In this episode, Danielle, the cheerleader, is wearing a red and white uniform. However, in the episode "Show It Up", the uniforms are blue and white, and Danielle is not on the squad.
7 7 "Party It Up" Shelley Jensen Jenny Lee December 12, 2010 106 3.7
When Rocky and CeCe are invited by Gary to a party, they are embarrassed to learn they were invited as waitresses instead. Meanwhile, Ty and Deuce babysit Flynn so Cece and Rocky can sneak out, but have to hide when his mom comes home from finding out that the police scheduling got screwed up. So Ty and Deuce try to sneak out while she and Flynn are watching a scary zombie movie.
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther HessenhefferSongs featured: "BreakOut", "Roll the Dice"
8 8 "Hook It Up" Shelley Jensen Chris Thompson December 19, 2010 102 N/A
CeCe and Rocky invite their friend Deuce to videotape them for a school project and he overhears Gary Wilde deciding whether or not to fire two dancers. Fearing that it could be CeCe and Rocky, he shows them the footage and the two set out to prove to Gary Wilde that they should get as much recognition as the dancers who have been on the show before. Meanwhile, Ty teaches Flynn how to do some dance steps to impress an older girl.
Note: This episode has some elements that were not present in previous episodes. This episode was originally produced as the second episode of the series, causing these continuity errors.Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka
Songs featured: "All The Way Up"
9 9 "Wild It Up" Joel Zwick Chris Thompson January 9, 2011 110 4.1
Rocky tries to change her image when she reads a blog about how she is a "goody-two-shoes", and winds up in Vice Principal Winslow's office, facing suspension for letting her "bad reputation" pressure her to vandalize the Principal's office. That causes CeCe to try to cover for her and convince her that she is awesome the way she is, even if she is a "goody-two-shoes". Meanwhile, Flynn and Deuce try to catch a mouse on the loose in the Jones' apartment.
Guest stars: Cat Deeley, the host of So You Think You Can Dance as Vice Principal Winslow and Saltare from America's Best Dance Crew as featured dancersSongs featured: "We Right Here"
Absent: Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue, and Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
10 10 "Match It Up" Joel Zwick Rob Lotterstein January 23, 2011 111 4.3
CeCe tries to find a match for Deuce but her plan backfires when Deuce and his up-to-no-good-girlfriend Savannah get back together. Cece, Rocky, and Ty cook up a scheme to prove to Deuce that Savannah is only a gold digger in order to set him up with Dina, whom they feel he is more compatible with. Meanwhile, Flynn helps Henry earn a Coyote Scout camping badge, but sadly Henry is hopeless.
Guest stars: Juliette Goglia as Savannah and Ainsley Bailey as Dina GarciaSongs featured: "Bling Bling" by Windy Wagner
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
11 11 "Show It Up" Joel Zwick Eileen Conn February 20, 2011 112 4.0
Rocky is determined to beat perennial champions Randy and Candy at the talent show after Candy wins every single award Rocky was supposed to win. Upon realizing that they will lose against Candy and her fellow cheerleaders, they enlist Gunter and Tinka to dance with them in the show but Candy and Randy recruit them for their team soon after. Cece does not give up and brings in her secret weapon Ty. Meanwhile, Flynn helps Deuce prepare to MC the show.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as TinkaSongs featured: "We Right Here"
Note: This episode was presented in widescreen format on the SD feed of Disney Channel similar to how it is aired on the HD feed. Also, in this episode, the cheerleader uniforms are blue and white, but in the episode "Age It Up", the cheerleader uniforms are red and white.
12 12 "Heat It Up" Katy Garretson John D. Beck & Ron Hart February 27, 2011 109 3.7
When the heat goes out in Rocky’s apartment, CeCe invites Rocky, Ty, and their mother to move in with them. But the mothers' disagreements start to affect and ruin CeCe and Rocky's friendship. There is a science fair at CeCe and Rocky's school and the girls ruin each other's projects on accident. Meanwhile, Ty and Flynn build themselves a man cave to get away from the women of the house.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as TinkaNote: This is the first episode where Tinka appears without Gunther.
Absent: Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez and Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
13 13 "Glitz It Up" Eric Dean Seaton Ron Zimmerman March 6, 2011 113 3.8
Rocky and CeCe choreograph and mentor young contestants for a beauty pageant; one of them being a tomboy. Meanwhile, Deuce tries to win over Dina's father by taking a special test: taking care of his beloved pet pig, Pinky, for a day with a checklist to feed, walk, play, groom, and bathe her. If he aces the test and returns Pinky in perfect shape he will be allowed to date Dina.
Guest stars: Caitlin Carmichael as Eileen Keller, Emily Skinner as Sally Van Buren, Ainsley Bailey as Dina Garcia and John D'Aquino as Don Rio GarciaNote: Sally Van Buren is the one who beat Henry up in "Kick It Up".
Absent: Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones, Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue, and Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
14 14 "Hot Mess It Up" Eric Dean Seaton John D. Beck & Ron Hart March 20, 2011 114 3.6
Rocky and CeCe host a video webcast offering advice to teens, and CeCe gives some mean advice to someone much like Gunther about not getting a date to the school dance, prompting Rocky to force CeCe to ask Gunther to the dance.
Guest stars:Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Poreotics from America's Best Dance Crew as featured dancersSongs featured "BreakOut", "I'm Not to Young to Feel This Way", "We Right Here", "Bling Bling", "It's Alive", "Roll the Dice", "Our Generation" (Karaoke)
Note: This is the first episode that showcases Deuce dancing. Also, Flynn said that "Zombie Talk" was not working, so Ty, Deuce, and Flynn host another internet webcast called "Zombie Idol." This made a reference to American Idol because of the name and also in the webcast, Ty pretends to be Randy Jackson, Deuce pretends to be Paula Abdul, and Flynn pretends to be Simon Cowell.
15 15 "Reunion It Up" Sean McNamara Howard J. Morris April 10, 2011 116 3.7
CeCe and Rocky get the chance to dance with Ronnie and Angie, two of the original dancers of Shake It Up, Chicago. But when they see that the women are no longer friends, Cece and Rocky fear that they will feel the same way later in their lives. Meanwhile, Deuce accidentally kills Flynn's Goldfish, Mr. Goldenburg, and plan a proper funeral for Mr. Goldenburg.
Guest stars: Anneliese van der Pol as Ronnie and Meagan Holder as AngieSongs featured: "Our Generation"
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
16 16 "Sweat It Up" Joel Zwick David Tolentino May 1, 2011 117 3.1
CeCe fakes a leg injury in order to avoid participating in gym class. Rocky lies and says that she is having both her appendix removed to avoid laser tag with the nerds. When the two are caught dancing salsa on Shake It Up, Chicago, CeCe is told by Coach Lessor that she has to attend summer school, and Rocky is unaccepted from the nerds' social group. However, when CeCe's mother comes for a private conference with the coach and CeCe, they both express interest in each other and start dating. CeCe takes this as a sign that she won't have to participate in gym class anymore, until her mom and Coach Lessor break up too soon, and she is forced off the bench to be physically tested. Meanwhile, Flynn, Deuce, and Ty take care of a neighbor's dog, but the dog proves to be difficult.
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther HessenhefferSong featured: Just Wanna Dance
Note: When the coach is asking CeCe what his niece's favorite tv show is CeCe starts to say Wizards of Waverly Place, a possible connection with Bella's role on the show, making CeCe have a doppleganger.
17 17 "Vatalihootsit It Up" Eric Dean Seaton Jenny Lee June 12, 2011 118 N/A
Gunther and Tinka want CeCe and Rocky to come visit their home and celebrate Vatalihoosit Day with them. Things don't really go well with the parents and they try to get Ty and Flynn for help. In the end, CeCe and Rocky wants to stay but Vatalihoosit Day was over and Gunther and Tinka kicked them out. Meanwhile, Ty has a juice commercial audition and doesn't feel happy with the result. Instead Flynn is offered a chance to do a commercial, and he doesn't really like the result of it either. Absent: Adam Irigoyen as Deuce MartinezGuest star: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Mary Birdsong as Squizza Hessenheffer
Songs featured: "Dance for Life"
Special guest stars: Bronson Pinchot as Kashlack Hessenheffer and JabbaWockeeZ from America's Best Dance Crew as the featured dancers
18 18 "Model It Up" Eric Dean Seaton Jenny Lee June 17, 2011 115 4.1
Rocky and Cece get a chance at a modeling career but the people only like Rocky. So she gets a chance to be a model for Glam Magazine, but it's in New York. Rocky is hesitant to go, but her friends all encourage her to go, saying that it is a big chance for her. She decides not to go when she hears her friends say they truly care about her. Meanwhile, Deuce, Flynn, and Ty have to do chores for Mrs. Locassio because Deuce and Ty broke Flynn's video game console and they have to get money to get him a new one.
Special guest star: Jungle Boogie from Americas Best Dance Crew as featured dancers.Note: This is the first episode where Gunther appears without Tinka. This episode aired on a special timeslot due to Disney Channel having Night of Premieres on June 17.
Songs featured: "Roll the Dice"
19 19 "Twist It Up" Shelley Jensen Eileen Conn July 10, 2011 119 N/A
CeCe and Rocky start a new dance craze. Mrs. Garcia wants to throw a huge party for Dina's birthday, but Dina wants a simple, small party, so CeCe and Rocky take over organizing Dina's party. However, they throw an over the top party which Dina didn't want, and have to fix it. Meanwhile, Flynn gets a new robot that destroys things with its laser eyes, and he gets his friend Henry to help him. Deuce tries to impress Mrs. Garcia by learning dancing from Ty.
Songs Featured: "Twist My Hips"Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
20 20 "Break It Up" Shelley Jensen Jenny Lee July 24, 2011 121 4.1
Rocky, CeCe, Flynn, Ty, Deuce, Gunther and Tinka all go on a vacation together. When they play Truth or Dare, CeCe dares Rocky to jump in the lake. Rocky does the dare, but ends up landing on a broken bottle, thereby cutting her foot. She is taken to the hospital and Rocky fears that they can't fix her foot, and that she will never be able to dance again. Meanwhile, Gunther and Tinka are left babysitting Flynn. After the surgery, Rocky is fine and Cece runs to hug her, but trips on something therefore ending up breaking her leg.
Songs Featured: "School's Out"Guest star: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka
Special guest star: Jackie Debatin as Dr. Semple
21 21 "Throw It Up" Shelley Jensen Rob Lotterstein August 21, 2011 120 3.4
Rocky and CeCe finally get their dream come true of getting the Shake It Up Spotlight Dance. But their dreams become a nightmare when Gary gets the flu and can't host the show. Rocky and CeCe must find a way to host the show for Gary and still get their Spotlight Dance. They get a dance crew to perform, but end up getting sick right when their spotlight dance begins, so Tinka does the dance instead.
Guest Star: Caroline Sunshine as TinkaSong(s) Featured: "Watch Me", remix of all the songs in season one, "School's Out"
Absent: Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue, Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer Note: This is the second time Tinka has appeared without Gunther during the series.
Season 2: 2011–12
- Caroline Sunshine joins the main cast as Tinka Hessenheffer, and is absent for four episodes.
- Davis Cleveland and Adam Irigoyen are absent for one episode.
- Roshon Fegan is absent for three episodes.
- Kenton Duty is absent for five episodes.
Series # Season # Title Directed by Written by Original air date Prod.
22 1 "Shrink It Up" Joel Zwick Rob Lotterstein September 18, 2011 203 N/A
When Gary starts singing the praises of his new therapist, Dr. Pepper, CeCe signs herself and Rocky for a few sessions in order to kiss up to Gary. At their appointment, the girls discover they may have more issues with each other than they thought. Meanwhile, Flynn buys a toy dinosaur that doesn't work well. When Ty takes him to complain about it, they both get hired to test out new toys. Also, Gunther and Tinka decide to try and be nice to someone and they pick Deuce. Deuce gets back at them by being nice to them and they remember why they weren't nice in the first place.
Songs Featured: Turn It On
Guest Starring: Harriet Sansom Harris as Dr. Pepper, R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde, E.E. Bell as Mr. Block, Skylar Keesee as Young CeCe, and Jasmyn Ramos as Young Rocky
Notes: This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 25, 2011, but actually aired a week earlier on September 18, 2011. This is Caroline Sunshine's first appearance as a regular cast member; this brings the number of cast members in the series to seven, making Shake It Up the first Disney Channel original series to have more than six people in its main cast. Due to episodes being shown out of order, events from "Shake It Up, Up and Away" are mentioned in this episode when Rocky is listing events that Cece forced her to do, and Deuce got his job during "Shake It Up, Up & Away." In this episode, Rocky also mentions events from the episodes "Meatball It Up" and "Party It Up." Also when Cece goes back to her flashback when they met, Gunther and Tinka are there, but in "Start It Up" they were exchange students in 1st grade, not toddlers.
23 2 "Three's a Crowd It Up" Joel Zwick Jenny Lee September 25, 2011 206 N/A
A cute local dancer named Julio comes to perform on Shake It Up, Chicago!, and Rocky, CeCe, and Tinka all fall for him. He asks each girl individually to hang out, so they all show up at Crusty's Pizza Parlor the next day, believing they each have a date with him. Meanwhile, Henry becomes a substitute teacher in Flynn's class. Flynn has to decide to either give him a hard time as a sub or be nice because they are friends. Also, Dina starts taking Deuce's customers away by offering better deals, which then starts a business rivalry.
Guest Starring: Gabriel Morales as JulioSongs featured: "Just Wanna Dance"
Absent: Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue and Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
Note: This is the third time of the series (first of the season) that Tinka appears without Gunther.
24 3 "Shake It Up, Up & Away" Joel Zwick Rob Lotterstein (Part 1)
Eileen Conn (Part 2)
October 2, 2011 201–202 3.8
Rocky and CeCe plan to go to Alabama with the rest of Shake It Up, Chicago dancers, but in the middle of the night, CeCe tricks Rocky into getting on the wrong bus to Los Angeles in order to audition for a reality show, and end up stuck at a bus station in a small Texas town. After the mayor sees the girl dance at a Town Hall party, he asks if they want to dance for the town's air show. However, they find out they will be dancing on the wings of a World War II plane while in the air. Meanwhile, Deuce and Ty compete for a job at Deuce's uncles's pizza place.
Guest Starring: Jim Pirri as Uncle Frank and Christopher Rich as the MayorSongs Featured: Bring the Fire by Unknown, Up, Up & Away by Blush
Notes: This episode was originally scheduled to air as an hour-long season premiere on September 18, 2011; the episode "Shrink It Up" aired in its place. This episode finally aired two weeks later on October 2, 2011. This is the first one-hour episode special for the series and the first episode that does not end in "It Up". Due to episodes being shown out of order, events from this episode are mentioned in "Shrink It Up".
25 4 "Beam It Up" Joel Zwick David Holden October 9, 2011 204 4.5
Rocky and CeCe go to a Halloween party at the Shake It Up, Chicago studio. Rocky likes one of the guys at the party who is dressed in a Renaissance costume and introduces CeCe to his half brother who is in a hunchback costume. CeCe wasn't interested in the guy, but Rocky isn't allowed to be with boys alone, so she asks CeCe to come on a date with them. The next day, Rocky and CeCe meet the two brothers at Crusty's Pizza. CeCe tries to get out of it, but Rocky tells her that you have to take at least three hours to really get to know a person. The guy CeCe wasn't interested in turned out to be really cool and cute, but the guy Rocky liked turned out to be really weird because he still is wearing his costume from the party and reveals that he dresses that way all the time. Rocky wants to leave, but CeCe gives her a taste of her own medicine and makes her continue the date for the full three hours. Meanwhile, Flynn suspects that his new neighbor, Zane, is an alien and has a dream that he and Henry have been abducted.
Guest Stars: Instant Noodles from America's Best Dance Crew, Atticus Shaffer as Zane, Buddy Handelson as Henry, Hudson Thames as D'Artagnan, Spencer Daniels as Paul, and Jodi Taffel as Brenda.Notes: When CeCe and Rocky go to Crusty's Pizza, they mentioned the episode, "Meatball It Up."
Absent: Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue, Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez, Kenton Duty and Caroline Sunshine as Gunther and Tinka Hessenheffer
Songs featured: Calling All the Monsters by China Anne McClain
26 5 "Doctor It Up" Joel Zwick Jeff Strauss October 23, 2011 205 3.5
Rocky's dad, Dr. Curtis Blue, returns from his trip overseas and is unhappy to find out that Rocky is dancing on "Shake It Up, Chicago." CeCe and Rocky must figure out a way to convince him that she should remain on the show. Meanwhile, Ty reveals that he'd like to pursue a profession in rapping, and Deuce and Flynn get caught up in a fortune-telling machine.
Guest Stars: Phil Morris as Dr. Curtis Blue, Jim Parri as Uncle Frank and Carla Renata as Marcie BlueSongs featured: "Dance For Life"
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer and Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
Note: In this episode, we see Rocky's house for the first time.
27 6 "Review It Up" Joel Zwick David Holden November 6, 2011 210 3.9
When an entertainment blogger Andy Burns gives "Shake It Up, Chicago!" a bad review, CeCe and Rocky have to convince him that their dancing deserves a glowing review. Meanwhile, Deuce and Dina get bad advice on how to celebrate their one-year anniversary.
Guest stars: Ben Savage as Andy Burns, the criticSongs featured: "Critical" by Tim James & Nevermind
Absent: Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones, Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer and Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
Note:When Rocky and Cece will talk to Andy Burns in the background is playing a Brazilian music called "Garota de Ipanema"(The Girl from Ipanema) which refers to a place in Rio de Janeiro.
28 7 "Double Pegasus It Up" Joel Zwick David Tolentino November 13, 2011 207 3.2
CeCe finds out Deuce has been delivering pizza to her idol, a choreographer who came up with an amazing move a few years back, the "Double Pegasus."
29 8 "Auction It Up" Joel Zwick David Tolentino November 20, 2011 211 The show has a charity auction, and auctions off the dancers. Gunther and Tinka bid on Rocky and CeCe and win their services. 30 9 "Camp It Up" Joel Zwick Eileen Conn November 27, 2011 213
In order to earn money for a week dance camp, Rocky and CeCe decide to host their very own dance camp for little kids in CeCe's apartment.AKsquared from Make Your Mark: The Ultimate Dance Off will guest star in this episode.
31 10 "Jingle It Up" December 11, 2011 212 32 11 "Split It Up" December 18, 2011 208
- ^ Seidman, Robert (October 7, 2010). "Dance-Driven Sitcom ‘Shake It Up’ Premieres Sunday November 7 on Disney Channel". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/10/07/dance-driven-sitcom-shake-it-up-premieres-sunday-november-7-on-disney-channel/67077. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- ^ Disney Channel Greenlights Pilot About Talking Dog, Gives 2 Series Back Orders, Deadline.com, September 29, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (November 9, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: The Walking Dead Lives!; Boardwalk Empire Up; Real Housewives, Hannah Montana, Kate Plus 8 & Much More". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/09/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-lives-boardwalk-empire-up-real-housewives-hannah-montana-kendra-much-more/71446. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (November 16, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: The Walking Dead, Sarah Palin (again, still); Boardwalk Empire Drops; Real Housewives, Sonny With a Chance, Kendra & Much More". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/16/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-sarah-palin-again-still-boardwalk-empire-drops-real-housewives-sonny-with-a-chance-kendra-much-more/72307. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (November 23, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Sarah Palin's Alaska Falls; The Walking Dead(again, still); Boardwalk Empire; Real Housewives, Sonny With a Chance, Kendra & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/23/sunday-cable-ratings-sarah-palins-alaska-falls-the-walking-deadagain-still-boardwalk-empire-drops-real-housewives-sonny-with-a-chance-kendra-much-more/73243. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (November 30, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Boardwalk Empire Dips; Soul Train Awards, Real Housewives, Dexter, Top Gear & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/30/sunday-cable-ratings-boardwalk-empiredips-soul-train-awards-real-housewives-dexter-top-gear-more/73858. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (December 7, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead,' 'Boardwalk Empire' Finales Rise; 'Sarah Palin's Alaska,' 'Dexter,' 'The Hasselhoffs' & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/07/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-boardwalk-empire-finales-rise-sarah-palins-alaska-dexter-the-hasslehoffs-more/74601. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (December 14, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Up With Kate; 'Dexter' Finale, 'Top Gear,' 'Kendra' Steady + 'Real Housewives' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/14/sunday-cable-ratings-sarah-palins-alaska-up-with-kate-dexter-finale-top-gear-kendra-steady-real-housewives-much-more/75420. Retrieved December 14, 2010.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (January 10, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Real Housewives, Hannah Montana, Shake It Up, Sarah Palin's Alaska, Californication and Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/10/sunday-cable-ratings-real-housewives-hannah-montana-shake-it-up-sarah-palins-alaska-californication-and-much-more/79031. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (January 25, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Real Housewives,' Kardashians, 'Holly's World' Lead Night + 'Shameless' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/25/sunday-cable-ratings-real-housewives-kardashians-hollys-world-lead-night-shameless-much-more/80129. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (February 23, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: NBA All Stars, Housewives, Worst Cooks and Kardashians Lead Night + 'Shameless' & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/23/sunday-cable-ratings-nba-all-stars-housewives-worst-cooks-and-kardashians-lead-night-shameless-more/83553. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (March 1, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Knicks/Heat Scores; 'E's Red Carpet,' 'Ax Men,' 'Shameless' & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/01/sunday-cable-ratings-knicksheat-scores-es-red-carpet-ax-men-shameless-more/84107. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (March 8, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Tosh Leads Night + More 'Breakout Kings;' 'Shameless' Up & MUCH More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/08/sunday-cable-ratings-tosh-leads-night-more-breakout-kings-shameless-up-much-more/85034. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (March 22, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Army Wives' Up 30%; 'Breakout Kings,' 'Sister Wives' Dip; 'Big Love' Inches Up for Finale; 'Shameless' Steady + Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/22/sunday-cable-ratings-army-wives-up-30-breakout-kings-sister-wives-dip-big-love-inches-up-for-finale-shameless-steady-much-more/86711. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (April 12, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Army Wives,' 'The Killing' Steady; 'Breakout Kings' Falls; Plus 'Human Planet,' 'Khloe & Lamar,' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/12/sunday-cable-ratings-the-killing-steady-breakout-kings-falls-plus-human-planet-khloe-lamar-much-more/89051. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (May 3, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: More 'Death of Bin Laden' Ratings; 'Khloe & Lamar,' 'Law & Order: CI,' 'In Plain Sight,' 'Army Wives,' 'Housewives,' 'Game of Thrones' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/03/sunday-cable-ratings-more-death-of-bin-laden-ratings-khloe-lamar-law-order-ci-in-plain-sight-army-wives-housewives-game-of-thrones-much-more/91296. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (June 20, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'American Restoration' Leads Primetime Originals, 'Smackdown' Dips". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/20/friday-cable-ratings-american-restoration-leads-primetime-originals-smackdown-dips/96073/. Retrieved June 20, 2011.
- ^ Cable Top 25: ‘Pawn Stars,’ ‘The Closer,’ ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Top Weekly Cable Viewing – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers. Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com (2011-07-26). Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (August 23, 2011). "Sunday Cable: 'True Blood,' 'Kardashians,' 'Entourage' Lead + 'Breaking Bad,' 'Glee Project' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/23/sunday-cable-true-blood-kardashians-entourage-lead-breaking-bad-glee-project-much-more/101035/. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- ^ Caroline Sunshine is in starring cast starting season 2. None. Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ a b Episode 22, "Shrink It Up", was originally scheduled for September 25, 2011 but actually aired one week earlier on September 18, 2011. See contemporaneous reports by Wikipedia editors who viewed the episode at Article talk page report and Article edit history
- ^ "Family OTT – Web Schedule – October 2011" (PDF). p. 8. Archived from the original on 2011-10-06. http://www.family.ca/schedule/online/FamilyOnline_Oct11.pdf. Retrieved 2011-10-06. "Disney Shake It Up 2–06 Three's A Crow …"
- ^ DISNEY CHANNEL TO DEBUT SECOND SEASON OF HIT DANCE-THEMED COMEDY "SHAKE IT UP" ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18. (Doc file). disneychannelmedianet.com. August 19, 2011
- ^ a b Shake It Up Episode: "Shake It Up, Up & Away" on TV Guide. Tvguide.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Sunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Rises, Leads Night + Kardashians, 'Entourage,' 'Leverage,' 'Breaking Bad,' & Much More – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers. Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com (2011-10-04). Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Disney Channel Sweeps All Kids Competition for 17th Consecutive Week, Original Comedy Series “Jessie” Grows Over its Debut. Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (October 25, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Rises, Leads Night + Kardashians, 'Entourage,' 'Leverage,' 'Breaking Bad,' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/25/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-slips-still-tops-nj-housewives-boardwalk-empire-homeland-dexter-much-more/108350/.
- ^ a b c Time Warner Cable | On Demand – Shake It Up. Twondemand.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Sunday Cable Ratings: ‘The Walking Dead,’ ‘Hell On Wheels’ Lead AMC + ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ ‘Homeland,’ ‘Dexter’ & More – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers. Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com (2011-11-08). Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Peterson, Heather (October 28, 2011). "Disney Channel and Disney Junior November 2011 Highlights". The Walt Disney Company. p. 17. http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2011/Disney_Channel_and_Disney_Junior_November_2011%20Highlights.doc. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (November 15th, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Stays On Top + 'Housewives Atl,' 'Hell On Wheels,' 'Boardwalk Empire,' 'Homeland,' 'Dexter' & More". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/15/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-stays-on-top-housewives-atl-hell-on-wheels-boardwalk-empire-homeland-dexter-more/110696/. Retrieved November 15th, 2011.
- ^ Shake it Up on Disney HD at 4:35pm November 24th, 2011. Digiguide.tv. Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- ^ Peterson, Heather (October 28, 2011). "Disney Channel and Disney Junior November 2011 Highlights". The Walt Disney Company. p. 24. http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2011/Disney_Channel_and_Disney_Junior_November_2011%20Highlights.doc. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- ^ Peterson, Heather (October 28, 2011). "Disney Channel and Disney Junior November 2011 Highlights". The Walt Disney Company. p. 31. http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2011/Disney_Channel_and_Disney_Junior_November_2011%20Highlights.doc. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- ^ "Disney Channel and Disney Junior November 2011 Highlights". November 11, 2011. http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/shake-it-up!/?ipp=40. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- ^ "Disney Channel and Disney Junior November 2011 Highlights". November 11, 2011. http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/shake-it-up!/?ipp=40. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.