- Donghe, Taitung
This township is located on the east side of coastal mountain range. It includes 60% of the hillside onshore, divided into coastal and basin areas with gradual upland slopes merging into relatively flat sea stage plains, the area of major development. Basin streams are mainly north-south because of the difficult terrain. Climate is tropical monsoon climate.
Donghe Township has an old name of Ma Wu Cave (馬武窟), which means "fishing by net" in Amis language. Under Qing dynasty rule, the township was under jurisdiction of the Office of the Peinan and Taitung direct-controlled state jurisdiction. Donghe Field was set up in 1920. In 1937, it was changed to "Donghe Village", and assigned to the Xingong prefectures, Office of Taitung. The name "Donghe Township" was established after World War II and is currently used
- Provincial Highway No. 11
- Provincial Highway No. 23
Junior High Schools
- Donghe Elementary School, Dongher Township, Taiwan East County
- Dulan Elementary School, Donghe Township, Taitung County
- Sinlong School,Donghe Township, Taitung County
- Taiyuan Elementary School, Donghe Township, Taitung County
Cities and townships of Taitung County Cities Urban townships Rural townships
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.