- Desperate Housewives (season 8)
Desperate Housewives Season 8
ABC promotional poster for the eighth season of Desperate Housewives. From left to right: Susan, Lynette, Gabrielle, and Bree.
Country of origin United States No. of episodes TBA Broadcast Original channel ABC Original run September 25, 2011 Season chronology ← Previous
Desperate Housewives was renewed for an eighth season by ABC on May 17, 2011. The deceased character Mary Alice Young continues to narrate the events in the lives of her friends and Wisteria Lane residents, Susan Delfino, Lynette Scavo, Bree Van de Kamp and Gabrielle Solis.
- Teri Hatcher as Susan Delfino
- Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo
- Marcia Cross as Bree Van de Kamp
- Eva Longoria as Gabrielle Solis
- Vanessa Williams as Renee Perry
- Ricardo Antonio Chavira as Carlos Solis
- Doug Savant as Tom Scavo
- Jonathan Cake as Chuck Vance
- Madison De La Garza as Juanita Solis
- Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young
- James Denton as Mike Delfino
Notable guest stars
Andrea Parker will play Jane, a love interest for Tom Scavo, as a recurring cast member. Miguel Ferrer will also play the recurring role of Andre Zeller, a part-time illustrator who clashes with Susan Delfino.
Bree Van de Kamp
Bree makes the decision to bury Alejandro's body to protect Carlos and Gaby and makes a pact with the other women to keep it a secret. Bree acts as leader in keeping the others calm but finds this difficult when she receives the same note that Mary Alice found just before she killed herself. She shows this to Gaby and the two agree not to do anything until whoever sent it contacts them again. The others also tell her she should end her relationship with Chuck, as it is too dangerous, but she is reluctant to do so because of how happy they are. However, after visiting Paul Young, to discuss the note, he reveals that he mentioned the original note to the police and Bree realizes it was Chuck he spoke to. After relaying this information to Gaby, who encourages her to end the relationship, Bree thinks it might be wise to stay with him in order to know what information he has. However, when she realizes he wants to propose, she breaks up with him. After Ben reveals he is planning to build on Alejandro's burial ground the women decide to move his body but are shocked to learn it has already been dug up - by Ben when carrying out soil tests. Intially failing to convince Ben to get rid of the body in order to protect his project, Ben changes his mind and enlists Mike's help to hide the body after he witnesses Chuck harrassing Bree. Following this, the other women become angry as they find out she has been hiding how much Chuck knows about the situation and feeling alone Bree breaks her sobriety.
Gaby tries her best to relieve Carlos over his guilt from killing Alejandro but fails. She becomes worried when he can't perform sexually as sex was always the one thing that could get them through their tough times but he tells her that everything has changed now and life will never be as it was. After breaking the 'drop-off' set by Dana; the head of the PTA at Juanita's school, Gabrielle is forced to walk from a distant car park and so decides to try and over rule her but is let down by the other parents who are scared of punishment. Following this she again breaks the 'drop off' rules and accidentally hits Dana with her car. When visiting her in hospital Dana informs Gaby that the job took over life and ruined her marriage and so in revenge has named her as her successor. Gaby is forced to accept the job when Dana tells her if she refuses she will press charges against her. Struggling to deal with his guilt, Carlos begins to heavily drink concerning Gaby but he finally agrees to attend rehab when one of his clients convinces him to do so.
Susan struggles with her guilt more than the other women breaking down at school when burying the hamster and committing minor crimes so that she can get the punishment she feels she deserves. She also has trouble keeping the secret from Mike but agrees to because she knows it is the best way to protect him. Susan becomes close to Carlos as they discuss their guilt over the murder, leading Mike to suspect they are having an affair. In order to prove their innocence the two confide in him about Alejandro's murder. Mike tries to help his wife accept that taking part in the cover-up will change her life and that she must deal with this. Susan also joins an art class run by artist Andre Zeller. Furious that the other women planned on moving the body without telling her Susan storms out and releases her anger through her art depicting the women standing over Alejandro's body but becomes nervous when an art critic wants to hang her picture in his gallery and her teacher Andre agrees to it behind her back. When Chuck attends the opening and reveals how much he knows Susan becomes furious with Bree again.
Not only is Lynette suffering strain from the murder but she is also having a tough time with her separation from Tom. At first she is reluctant to tell the children but after a one night stand with Tom he decides to tell them. They then clash over Tom letting the children have whatever they want making her the bad person who always says "No". Lynette talks to Tom about booking couples therapy to try and begin healing their relationship. However, after Renee comments that Tom has been taking care of himself lately; ie dressing smartly and working out, and suspects he has been dating someone Lynette becomes worried. The two go to a gym class with Renee to spy on the trainer whom she believes Tom is seeing but it is revealed he is actually dating her mother Jane leaving Lynette devastated.
Renee becomes attracted to new neighbor Ben. When she discovers he is interested in helping the elderly she pays Karen to pretend she visits and cooks for her. Ben, seeing this, asks her on a date but instead takes her to help serve food at an old people's home. Angry that she was tricked she storms off but he admits she deserved it after trying to trick him. She reveals that she hates charity work because she was on the receiving end when she was young and hated feeling helpless. The two then begin to date.
Title Directed by Written by Original air date U.S. viewers
158 1 "Secrets That I Never Want to Know" David Grossman Bob Daily September 25, 2011 9.93 Bree tries desperately to hide what happened to Alejandro a secret from Chuck; Gaby seeks out a priest in order to help Carlos with his problem; Ben Faulkner, a new neighbor, meets Renee; Susan withdraws from her friends because of what happened to Alejandro. 159 2 "Making the Connection" Tara Nicole Weyr Matt Berry October 2, 2011 9.16 Gabrielle tries to spice up her sex life; Susan seeks out a punishment for feeling guilty; Renee attempts to bond with Ben; Tom and Lynette struggle to cope with raising the kids separately; Bree discovers Chuck's past. 160 3 "Watch While I Revise the World" David Warren John Paul Bullock III October 9, 2011 8.63 Renee helps Lee when he has a problem with Jenny; Susan and Carlos begin to spend time together due to their guilt but Mike begins to get suspicious; Bree becomes convinced Chuck sent the letter to her so she and Gabrielle investigates; Lynette grows suspicious of her sister Lydia and her fiancé. 161 4 "School of Hard Knocks" David Grossman Marco Pennette October 16, 2011 8.27 Lynette discovers Tom is dating; Bree attempts to comfort Danielle after her husband leaves her; Susan clashes with an art teacher called Andre, who she had hoped to impress; Gabrielle's rebellious attitude towards the leader of the PTA leads to her being put in charge. 162 5 "The Art of Making Art" Lonny Price Dave Flebotte October 23, 2011 9.17 Tom and Lynette visit a couples counselor about their separation; Bree tries to help a city council about the homeless; Carlos is in a guilty situation; Susan is embarrassed about Andre's students being naked in class; Gabrielle is having difficulty setting up a school event. 163 6 "Witch's Lament" Tony Plana Annie Weisman October 30, 2011 9.28 Susan is appointed as Andre's intern and ends up watching his son; Lynette tries to outdo Jane and lies about making Penny's costume; Carlos speaks to a sponsor from A.A. about his blackout; the housewives are in the woods with the shovels, but the body they buried was mysteriously dug up; Renee gets romantic with Ben. 164 7 "Always in Control" Jeff Greenstein Jeff Greenstein November 6, 2011 8.78 Susan uses her art improvement to impress Andre; Lynette tells Penny a fib about Jane; Gabrielle and Carlos try to get a different opinion about their children from Bob and Lee; Bree tries to solve the mystery of who dug up the body of Alejandro. 165 8 "Suspicion Song" Jennifer Getzinger David Schaldweiler November 13, 2011 9.29 Bree is harassed by Chuck when it comes to growing suspicions; a gallery owner evaluates Susan's paintings; Gabrielle tries to stop Carlos from having a drinking problem; Lynette tries to save her marriage. 166 9 "Putting It Together" David Warren Sheila Lawrence December 4, 2011 TBA Chuck interrogates Susan, Lynette and Gabrielle about Alejandro's disappearance; Gabrielle goes on a desperate search to find Carlos; a drunk Bree reveals her past and present details, and then goes to a motel room.
United States (ABC)
Title Original airing Rating Share Rating/share
Total viewers (in millions) Rank per week Note 158
Secrets That I Never Want to Know September 25, 2011 6.5 9 3.2 9.930 #34  159
Making the Connection October 2, 2011 5.7 8 3.0 9.160 #35  160
Watch While I Revise the World October 9, 2011 5.5 7 2.8 8.630 #38  161
School of Hard Knocks October 16, 2011 5.2 7 2.7 8.270 #40  162
The Art of Making Art October 23, 2011 5.7 8 3.0 9.170 #37  163
Witch's Lament October 30, 2011 6.1 9 3.1 9.280 #36  164
Always in Control November 6, 2011 6.3 9 2.8 8.780 #36  165
Suspicion Song November 13, 2011 6.2 7 3.0 9.290 #33  166
Putting It Together December 4, 2011 TBA TBA TBA TBA TBA TBA
Canadian Ratings (On CTV)
Title Original airing Total viewers (in millions) Rank per week 158
Secrets That I Never Want to Know September 25, 2011 1.744 #17 159
Making the Connection October 2, 2011 1.583 #16 160
Watch While I Revise the World October 9, 2011 1.186 #30 161
School of Hard Knocks October 16, 2011 1.631 #20 162
The Art of Making Art October 23, 2011 1.650 #18 163
Witch's Lament October 30, 2011 1.631 #16 164
Always in Control November 6, 2011 1.444 #23 165
Suspicion Song November 13, 2011 TBA TBA 166
Putting It Together December 4, 2011 TBA TBA
- ^ a b ABC Announces Fall Series Premiere Dates: Late Starts for "Once Upon a Time", "Man Up", TV By the Numbers, June 27, 2011
- ^ ABC 2011-12 Primetime Schedule Announced, TV By the Numbers, May 17, 2011
- ^ EXCLUSIVE: ABC Will End "Desperate Housewives" In May 2012 After 8th Season, Deadline Hollywood, August 5, 2011
- ^ ABC Boss Confirms "Desperate Housewives" to End: "We Wanted It To Have Its Victory Lap", TV Line, August 7, 2011
- ^ "Desperate Housewives" will end its run on ABC, Los Angeles Times, August 7, 2011
- ^ Brenda Strong promises more "Desperate Housewives" flashbacks, ATV Today, July 26, 2011
- ^ a b "Desperate Housewives" Exclusive: Miguel Ferrer to School Susan, TV Line, August 19, 2011
- ^ http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr%5Chtml/092611_16.html
- ^ "Desperate Housewives" scoop: Who's hitting the bottle this season?, Entertainment Weekly, September 8, 2011
- ^ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20110912abc11
- ^ a b "Desperate Housewives" Switcheroo: Andrea Parker In, Jessica Hecht Out as Tom's New GF, TV Line, August 19, 2011
- ^ "Desperate Housewives": "V"'s Charles Mesure Joins as Series Regular, Hollywood Reporter, July 8, 2011
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (September 27, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'CSI: Miami,' 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/27/sunday-final-ratings-desperate-housewives-csimiami-the-simpsons-adjusted-up-60-minutes-adjusted-down/105018. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (October 4, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Pan Am' Adjusted Up + Unscrambled 'Amazing Race,' 'The Good Wife'". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/04/sunday-final-ratings-desperate-housewives-pan-am-adjusted-up-unscrambled-amazing-race-the-good-wife/105907. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (October 11, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives' Adjusted Up; CBS Unscrambled; Packers/Falcons Averages 22 Million". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/11/sunday-final-ratings-desperate-housewives-adjusted-up-cbs-unscrambled-packersfalcons-averages-22-million/106756. Retrieved October 11, 2011.
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (October 18, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Amazing Race,' 'The X Factor' Adjusted Up; Vikings-Bears Averages 16.57 Million". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/18/sunday-final-ratings-amazing-race-the-x-factor-adjusted-up-vikings-bears-averages-16-57-million/107561. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (October 25, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time' Adjusted Up + Final Ratings For World Series Game 4 & Saints/Colts". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/25/sunday-final-ratings-once-upon-a-time-adjusted-up-final-ratings-for-world-series-game-4-saintscolts/108354. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (November 1, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Cleveland Show' Adjusted Up; 'Pan Am' Adjusted Down + Unscrambled CBS Shows & 'Sunday Night Football'". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/01/sunday-final-ratings-pan-am-adjusted-down-unscrambled-cbs-shows-sunday-night-football/109135. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Family Guy' Adjusted Up; 'Pan Am' Down + CBS & 'Sunday Night Football'". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/08/sunday-final-ratings-once-upon-a-time-family-guy-adjusted-up-pan-am-down-cbs-sunday-night-football/109878. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (November 15, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons,' '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down + Final CBS & 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/15/sunday-final-ratings-the-simpsons-60-minutes-adjusted-down-final-cbs-sunday-night-football-ratings/110695. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- ^ "Desperate Housewives: Putting It Together". Zap2It. http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/desperate-housewives-putting-it-together/EP006723180180. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat09192011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat09262011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat10032011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat10102011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat10172011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat10242011.pdf
- ^ http://www.bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2011/nat10312011.pdf
Desperate Housewives Episodes (Seasons: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8) · Quotes · Category · Project Characters
Betty Applewhite · Angie Bolen · Edie Britt · Mike Delfino · Susan Delfino · Orson Hodge · Bob Hunter · Katherine Mayfair · Karen McCluskey · Lee McDermott · Renee Perry · Lynette Scavo · Tom Scavo · Carlos Solis · Gabrielle Solis · Andrew Van de Kamp · Bree Van de Kamp · Mary Alice Young · Paul YoungAcquaintances of: Susan Mayer · Lynette Scavo · Bree Van de Kamp · Gabrielle Solis · Other characters
Marc Cherry · Cast members · Awards and nominations · DVDs · Soundtrack · Game · Wisteria Lane · Fairview · Amas de Casa Desesperadas (ARG · COL/ECU · US) Episodes"Secrets That I Never Want to Know" · "Making the Connection" · "Watch While I Revise the World" · "School of Hard Knocks" · "The Art of Making Art" · "Witch's Lament" · "Always in Control" · "Suspicion Song" · "Putting It Together" Episode list
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.