- Davey Morgan
David Randy Morgan Jr. (Davey) (born March 4, 1985), is a professional children's book illustrator and professional photographer.
EducationDescribing Morgan as "a very self-motivated student," Walker said he is always looking for opportunities to work outside class in a professional environment. "I advise my students that the more work you do, the better you become at it, and this has been true for Davey," she said. "Talent is wonderful, but it takes work to develop it, and Davey is doing just that."—Professor Jan Walker, Erskine NetNews, January 11, 2006 
While at Erskine, he developed interests for digital illustration, graphic design and printmaking.
He had a hobby of drawing since he was a child. His passion grew for illustration while in college. He illustrated everything from coloring books to business logos. He illustrated a children's book, entitled Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair. It was published in 2008. Morgan currently resides with his family in Greenville, South Carolina. Morgan has performed readings at elementary schools. He was noted in several newspapers including The Altavista Journal, Greenwood Today, and The Index Journal. Morgan was interviewed about Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair in March, 2009 on the Captain Rouen show on WUSC-FM 90.5.
He started his career in photography with Covenant Discipleship (a ministry of the ARP Church) as an intern in high school. While attending college he worked as a freelance photographer for The Greenville News and Link (magazine). He also worked as a student worker for the Public Relations department at Erskine College. At Erskine, he developed a passion for photography. He was published in an article along with three of his photographs, the December 6–12 issue of the Link (magazine). In 2008 he received 1st place in the Nikon Moving Moments Photography Contest. He is currently a photographer in the Greenville, SC area. After graduating in 2007 from Erskine College he started his own wedding photography business, Davey Morgan Photography. He is a member of Professional Photographers of America. He now works with his wife, Marissa Morgan, as photographer. His wife Marissa won first place and a $500 purchase award for a trio of photographs in the Student Art Show at Erskine College in 2006. In 2011, Davey won the WeddingWire Bride's Choice Awards '11 for Davey Morgan Photography.
Morgan receives inspiration from children's literature such as Curious George and Sonic the Hedgehog (comics) . He also draws inspiration from one of his favorite artists Roy Lichtenstein He is also inspired by movies such as Ponyo and Castle in the Sky by the prominent Japanese filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki.
- Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair (2008)
Accomplishments and Awards
- 1st Place in the Nikon Moving Moments Photo Contest.
- Photos published in the August, September, October, and November 2011 issues of Fete Magazine.
- WeddingWire Bride's Choice Awards '11.
- WeddingWire Rated 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- 1st Place winner in one category and runner up for 3 other categories in a photo contest in a 2004 issue of Link (magazine).
- Cover photo on ARP Magazine of the ARP Church.
- Photo published in The State (newspaper).
- Honorable mention for "Cymraeg" illustration in 2006 Erskine College student art show.
- Honorable mention for "Falling Rain" illustration in 2007 Erskine College student art show.
- Cover photo on Inside Erskine, alumni magazine for Erskine College.
- Cover photo on American Motorcyclist (December 2009).
Morgan's brother Matthew Morgan is an instrumentalist and member of the pop-rock band, The Lackies. Morgan's father, David R. Morgan Sr. was a member of the Carolina Tikis, Romans V and The Britons which opened for the Beach Boys, Dave Clark Five, and The Monkees. Morgan is also related to a few historical figures; Wade Hampton III, his 2nd cousin, 5x removed; William Henry Harrison, his 6th cousin, 7x removed; Benjamin Harrison, his 8th cousin, 5x removed; and Robert E. Lee, his 1st great grand nephew of wife of 4th cousin, 9x removed.
- ^ a b c Greenwood Today - Published Book Illustrated By Erskine College Graduate
- ^ a b c Erskine NetNews - Erskine junior has photos published in "Link" - January 11, 2006
- ^ a b c d e Belton-Honea Path News-Chronicle - February 11, 2009
- ^ Illustration Mundo - News
- ^ Index Journal - February 3, 2009
- ^ WUSC - 90.5 WUSC FM
- ^ Nikon Moving Moments Contest
- ^ Self Biography
- ^ a b Erskine NetNews - March 10, 2006
- ^ a b  WeddingWire Bride's Choice Awards 2011
- ^ a b  Davey Morgan Photography Blog
- ^ a b c d http://www.daveymorgan.com/awardwinning.html
- ^ Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair - Illustrator Biography
- ^ Appomatox News - Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair - October 8, 2009
- ^ Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair - Author Page
- ^ http://emag.fetegreenville.com/
- ^ ARP Magazine
- ^ Inside Erskine - Spring 2007
- ^ American Motorcyclist
- ^ 
- Bats in the Air, Bats in My Hair (2008)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.