- Aero Star
Aero Star Ring name(s) El Acuático
Chiva Rayada II
Billed height 1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) Billed weight 68 kg (150 lb) Born October 22, 1984
Mexico City , Mexico
Billed from Mexico City, Mexico Trained by Gran Apache
Aero Star (real name unrevealed; born October 22, 1984) is a Mexican Luchador enmascarado, or masked professional wrestler, best known for his work in the professional wrestling promotion Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) as a tecnico (Spanish for good guy or "face" in wrestling). He is a part of the group Real Fuerza Aérea along with Laredo Kid and Argenis. Aero Star won the 2008 Alas de Oro tournament and is known for his high risk moves off the top rope or off the arena's lighing structure.
Professional wrestling career
The wrestler that would later work as "Aero Star" joined Asistencia Asesoría y Administración in 2003, initually working as "El Acuatico" (Spanish for "the Aquatic") in opening matches while receiving further training from Gran Apache and Abismo Negro. In mid to late 2003 he began working as the unmasked "El Chamagol"; as El Chamagol he teamed with Chiva Rayada and Nino de Oro to defeat Los Diabolicos (Ángel Mortal, Mr. Condor and Gallego) at the 2003 Guerra de Titanes show. In 2004 he was given a new ring persona as he took the part of "Chiva Rayada II" (literally "Striped Goat II"), teaming with Chiva Rayada to form a team of "Soccer goats" inspired by the Mexican football team Club Deportivo Guadalajara who wear red and white striped jerseys and are nicknamed "Los Chivas". The Chivas Rayada gimmick has been used by many young wrestlers while still training so it is hard to establish exactly which matches he wrestled as Chiva Rayada II but he worked under the mask off and on between 2004 and 2006 while receiving further training from Abismo Negro.
After five years of AAA training he finally "graduated" and was given the "Aero Star" ring persona. Aero Star made his debut on December 20, 2006 and was promoted as the "Last creation of Antonio Peña", the AAA founder who had died only months earlier. Peña, Fernando Fuentes and Aero Star's father had created the outfit, so the "last creation" label was not just a storyline but actually the truth. Aero Star was paired up with other young wrestlers who all wrestled a high flying style to form the group Real Fuerza Aérea ("Royal Air Force") along with Laredo Kid, Pegasso, Rey Cometa and Super Fly. When Laredo Kid was injured in 2007/2008 Aero Star and Super Fly became co-leaders of the group. By 2009 Pegasso and Rey Cometa left AAA and were replaced with Argenis, some times Gato Eveready or Atomic Boy and El Ángel who himself left AAA in mid-2009. Aero Star made his Pay-Per-View (PPV) debut at AAA's 2007 Verano de Escándalo show where he teamed with Rey Cometa, Estrellita and Octagóncito in a losing effort to Alfa, Pirata Morgan, Faby Apache and Mini Chessman Real Fuerza Aérea made their PPV debut as a unit at the 2007 Guerra de Titanes where Aero Star, Rey Cometa and Super Fly defeated the Black Family (Dark Cuervo, Dark Escoria and Dark Ozz) Aero Star, El Ángel, Pegasso and Rey Cometa qualified for the 2008 Rey de Reyes tournament by defeating Los Night Queens (Jessy, Nygma, Polvo de Estrellas and Yuriko). Aero Star was eliminated in the first round of the tournament by Psicosis II. At TripleMania XVI Aero Star, El Ángel and Super Fly lost to Dark Ozz, Dark Espirtu, Dark Cuervo and Dark Escoria of the Black Family.
On August 8, 2008 Aero Star won the second annual Alas de Oro ("Wings of Gold") tournament by outlasting a field of eight other wrestlers that included El Angel, Gato Eveready, Escoria, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Super Fly, Teddy Hart and Último Gladiador. In early 2009 Aero Star gained a lot of attention by a series of high risk jumps moves off the 20 foot high lighting rigs that AAA use for their television tapings onto opponents on the floor. During a six man tag team match between Aero Star, Super Fly and Laredo Kid against Los Psycho Circus (Killer Clown, Psycho Clown and Zombie Clown) at Triplemania XVII Aero Star wore a specially created mask where one side of the mask was a replica of Abismo Negro's mask, a homage to his trainer that had died a couple of months before the event. Aero Star was interjected in a storylin feud between Billy Boy and the Apache Family (Gran Apache, Mari Apache and Faby Apache) when he came to the rescue of his mentor after a match. Subsequently he asked Gran Apache's permission to date Faby Apache, Billy Boy's ex-wife. The storyline has led to a Luchas de Apuestas Steel cage match with Aero Star teaming with Faby Apache against Billy Boy and Sexy Star at the 2009 version of Verano de Escándalo. At the event Aero Star, Faby Apache, and Sexy Star successfully escaped from the cage leaving Billy Boy head getting his hair shave. On September 7, 2009 Aero Star and Faby Apache defeated Cynthia Moreno and El Orientál to win the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Champion, Aero Star's first AAA championship. On June 2, 2010 Aero Star and Faby Apache lost the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship to La Legión Extranjera representatives Alex Koslov and Christina Von Eerie. On October 1, 2010, at Héroes Inmortales IV Aero Star won an eight man torneo cibernetico to win the 2010 Copa Antonio Peña and Chris Stone's hair. After over a year of on and off teasing of a rudo turn, Super Fly finally turned on November 28, 2010, when he, along with members of La Milicia, attacked Aero Star and Octagón, revealing himself as the man who had attacked and bloodied Octagón prior to Héroes Inmortales IV. With his turn, Super Fly left Real Fuerza Aérea and joined La Milicia and its umbrella group La Sociedad. In July 2011, Aero Star and Jack Evans traveled to Japan to represent AAA in Pro Wrestling Noah's 2011 Nippon TV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag League. After two wins and two losses, the team finished third in their block, missing the finals of the tournament.
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
Lucha de Apuesta record
Wager Winner Loser Location Date Notes Hair Aero Star Billy Boy Guadalajara, Jalisco December 13, 2009 [Note 1] Hair Aero Star Chris Stone Tamaulipas, Jalisco October 1, 2010 [Note 2]
- ^ a b c d "Statistics for Professional wrestlers". PWI Presents: 2009 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts (Kappa Publications): pp. 64–77. 2009 Edition.
- ^ Madigan, Dan (2007). "what's in a name". Mondo Lucha a Go Go: the bizarre and honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 209–211. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- ^ a b Madigan, Dan (2007). "the future of Lucha Libre". Mondo Lucha a Go Go: the bizarre and honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 230–235. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escándalo". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/verano.html#2007. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Guerra de Titanes". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/guerra.html#2007. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "AAA on Televisa #825" (in German). CageMatch.net. February 23, 2008. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=18304. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Rey de Reyes Tournament". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/rey.html#2008. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/triple.html#xvi. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ a b Arturo Rosas Plata (April 27, 2009). "Aero Star se eleva al estrella" (in Spanish). Ovaciones (Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V.): p. 16. Número 21570 Año LXII. http://itecor.v1.myvirtualpaper.com/27042009/2009042701/en/?page=16. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
- ^ "Alas De Oro 2008" (in German). CageMatch.net. August 8, 2008. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=29401. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- ^ Ocampo, Jorge (February 17, 2009). "AAA: Superplancha de AeroStar – Reaparece Charly Manson – Vampiro podría volver a luchar – Chessman al fin vence a El Mesías" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2009/02/17/aaa-superplancha-de-aerostar-reaparece-charly-manson-vampiro-podria-volver-a-luchar-chessman-al-fin-vence-a-el-mesias/?cp=1. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (June 19, 2009). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". Wrestleview.com. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1245401160.php. Retrieved AUgust 18, 2009.
- ^ Rivera, Héctor G (July 25, 2009). "¡Ya Viene el Verano de Escándalo!" (in Spanish). El Sol de Tampico. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetampico/notas/n1259233.htm. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
- ^ a b Zellner, Kris (September 7, 2009). "Lucha Report for Labor Day?". Gerweck.net. http://www.gerweck.net/news/1252381903.shtml. Retrieved September 8, 2009. [dead link]
- ^ RUiz Glez, Alex (July 4, 2010). "AAA en CD. Del Carmen (resultados 2 de Julio) – Alex Koslov y Christina Von Eerie nuevos campeones de parejas mixtas AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2010/07/04/aaa-en-cd-del-carmen-resultados-2-de-julio-alex-koslov-y-christina-von-eerie-nuevos-campeones-de-parejas-mixtas-aaa/. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- ^ a b c Carrillo, Omar (October 2, 2010). "Resultados 1ro. de octubre – AAA "Héroes Inmortales IV" – Legado AAA, Mesías, Wagner, Aerostar y 187 ganan sus respectivos encuentros" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2010/10/02/resultados-1ro-de-octubre-%E2%80%93-aaa-%E2%80%9Cheroes-inmortales-iv%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-legado-aaa-mesias-wagner-aerostar-y-187-ganan-sus-respectivos-encuentros/. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- ^ "El traitor ha sido revelado" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. November 29, 2010. http://www.luchalibreaaa.com/superflyeltraidor.html. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- ^ "第5回日テレG+杯争奪ジュニア・ヘビー級タッグリーグ戦4戦目を終えて 金丸＆KENTA組コメント" (in Japanese). Pro Wrestling Noah. July 28, 2011. http://www.noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=3173. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- ^ ""PWI 500": 301–400". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. 2010-07-27. http://prowrestlingillustrated.blogspot.com/2010/07/pwi-500-301-400.html. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- ^ Ruiz Glez, Alex (December 14, 2009). "FMLL (resultados 13 de diciembre): Billy Boy pierde la cabellera ante Aerostar – Dr. Wagner dejó en claro que quiere la cabellera del Mesías" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2009/12/14/fmll-resultados-13-de-diciembre-billy-boy-pierde-la-cabellera-ante-aerostar-dr-wagner-dejo-en-claro-que-quiere-la-cabellera-del-mesias/. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.