- China National Convention Center
China National Convention Center (CNCC) locates in the heart of Beijing's Olympic Green which is a landmark site in the northern part of Beijing. It is adjacent to the Bird Nest (China National Stadium for the Olympics opening and closing ceremony), the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center) and National Indoor Stadium. CNCC is 26 km away from the Beijing International Airport, proximately taking 30 minutes by car. The convenient public transportation system including subway and bus connects CNCC to the city center and various famous tourism attractions. There are more than 30 hotels, from luxury hotel to budget hotel, within 5 km from CNCC providing about 10,000 rooms.
Covering an area of 122,200 m2, CNCC complex consists of the Convention Center, CNCC Grand Hotel, InterContinental Hotel and two office buildings. The Centre itself is 398m long, 148m wide, 42m high and it has eight floors and two more in the basement. During the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, the plenary hall on CNCC's fourth floor was site for fencing preliminaries and finals, Modern Pentathlon (fencing and shooting);and the exhibition space on the first floor is the International Broadcasting Center (IBC) and the Main Press Center (MPC). The Paralympics used the ballroom section as the site for Wheelchair Fencing and Bocce. Some journalists stayed at CNCC Grand Hotel.
After the Olympic Games, CNCC took some renovations and opened officially in Nov.2009. Now CNCC is ready for congresses, international meetings, exhibitions and other various events, with the world-class services and unparalleled facilities provided.
The CNCC Complex overall has a total of 530,000m2 (5.3m ft2) gross floor area and represents an investment of RMB5.3 billion (USD78 million) by the owners. The Center gross floor area is 270,000m2 (2,906,256ft2) or 150m (492 feet) wide and 400m (1,312 feet) long from south to north along the Olympic Green boulevard that is the extension of the main axis of the city.
Designed by RMJM of UK, the presentation of the roof follows the concept of curvilinear architecture from the ancient Chinese architecture. The mid section over the exhibition halls is set lower and emphasizes a link between the two upward curving ends – this design symbolizes a bridge of communication between people from different parts of the world.
In addition to the planting of over 2.2 million trees in the surrounding area as part of the “Green Olympics” campaign environmental issues addressed in the building design include the siphonic rainwater collection system from the 60,000m2 (645,835 ft2) roof. Water collected will be used in the lower level garden where the plants themselves will help to cool the air around the entrances in hot weather.
The exhibition halls and Foyer have a natural ventilation system with electrically controlled windows which will not only improve the indoor air circulation but also shorten the requirement for energy in air conditioning use. It is estimated that 50 days of natural air-conditioning in a year will achieve a saving of 380,000 kilowatt-hours.
Central vacuum cleaning and kitchen waste disposal systems have been installed – the cleaning system is the longest in China with 15.8 km (9.8 mi) of pipeline and the kitchen waste system with 1.3 km (0.81 mi) of pipeline is the first of its kind in Beijing.
Facilities & Functions
- Plenary Hall: 6,400m2, can accommodate 6,000 delegates in theater style - Ballroom: 4,860m2, can accommodate 3,500 people for banquet - Auditorium: can accommodate 350 people - Over 100 breakout rooms equipped with advanced audio/visual facilities
- Total Exhibition Space: 40,000m2 - The Main Exhibition Hall on the first floor comprises four combinable halls totaling over 22,000 m2 of space - Ceiling height: 12m - Lower level (B1) exhibition area with 13,000m2 space and ceiling height of 4.5m - Under-floor utility services including water, waste, power, and compressed air - Ample freight access in the loading area (doors 4.8m high x 4.5m wide) - Individual entrances/exits for separate concurrent shows
CNCC is equipped to provide catering services for over 10,000 people simultaneously. The experienced French Executive Chef and the native Chinese Chef are working together to prepare for tempting dinners with an international culinary flair. The service including:
CNCC Grand Hotel
The CNCC Grand Hotel is international standard 420 room property that is immediately adjacent to the China International Convention Center on the Olympic Green boulevard. It serves as the CNCC host hotel for most CNCC events. The state-of-the-art Hotel has 16 floors and is 60 m (197 ft) high, with 363 deluxe rooms, 71 executive rooms and 9 executive suites. Each room is carefully designed and equipped with internet access, a wide variety of TV programmes, quality furniture, bath and sleep amenities as well as wide-view windows facing the beautiful Olympic Green.
CNCC Grand Hotel is adjacent to CNCC. Via the sky bridge between the Hotel and the Center, it takes only 3 minutes to walk to the Center. The Hotel is also within walking distance to the Bird Nest (China National Stadium), the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center) and the State Indoor Stadium all of which are key Olympic venues.
Services Provided by CNCC
- Advertising - CNCC offers lots of advertising space
- Equipment Rental - CNCC has a wide variety of conference and exhibition-related equipment for renting, including audio/visual, lighting, Simultaneous interpretation, furniture
- Business Centre - It provides services like fax, copy, internet, printing, business cards, tours & ticketing
- Telecommunications. CNCC offers high speed and quality connections for data, internet, networking and video services. Wireless internet against charge is available at all meeting rooms and exhibition halls within venue
Standard booth, special design, backdrop design and printing, theme dinner decoration
CNCC's underground parking space can accommodate more than 1,000 vehicles
- Security and Safety.
reliable security system and services
- Meeting Rooms for Exhibitors .
More than 20 small meeting rooms specifically designed for exhibitors are available on Level 2
- Waste Management.
- Exhibition Hall Specifications
- Exhibitors Manual
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.