- Ruben S. Ayala High School
name = Ruben S. Ayala High School
motto = "Home of Scholars and Champions"
established = 1990
fundingtype = Public
schooltype = high school
Chino Valley Unified School District
grades = 9-12
principal = Michael Vaughn
address = 14255 Peyton Avenue
city = Chino Hills
zipcode = 91709
country = USA
campus type =
campus size = convert|28|acre|ha
enrollment = 2,200
faculty = 125
Chino Hills High School
newspaper = Bulldog Times
yearbook = The Vibe
homepage = http://www.ayala.chino.k12.ca.us
Ruben S. Ayala High School, is abbreviated as Ayala High School and AHS, is located in
Chino Hills, Californiaand is one of the four regular high schools in the Chino Valley Unified School District. The school was established in 1990and named after California state senator Ruben S. Ayala. The current principal is Mr. Michael Vaughn.
AHS is divided into
quads labeled A through H, each quad designated for a specific subject. However, due to overcrowding, some classes are taught in quads related to other subjects.
* A is the Administration Building
* B mainly holds physical science classrooms with laboratory equipment
foreign languages are also taught here in portables
* C houses the performing arts classrooms and stage (band, choir, drama)
* D holds
vocationalclassrooms and tools (i.e. metal drills, ceramics, sewing machines and drafting boards)
* E is the library and also holds a computer classroom
* F holds mainly English and history classrooms
** along with various electives
* G is the gymnasium with a wooden basketball court
Physical Educationis taught here
** the tennis courts, swimming pool, baseball field, running track and football field are behind
** the soccer and band field is located behind quads D, E and F
* H holds
mathand Computer classrooms
**various other classes are taught in the portables. (i.e. History, Foreign Language, Physical Education)
*Cafeteria holds food. It is located adjacent to the C Quad.
There have been two rows of portable classrooms added to quads B, D, F and H. An additional two rows of classrooms have been added to quad H.
*There is a Theatre Arts program, with classes that start with Intro to Theatre Arts, then Advanced Theatre, and finally Production and Performance (more commonly known as PnP).
*The class of 2010 had a 94% overall pass rate taking the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Examination)
*AHS is a member of the
California Interscholastic FederationSierra League in the Southern Section.
*There is a Football team.
*Ayala High School's Vocal Ensemble performs regularly at state competitions and festivals. They also tour along with Women's Ensemble and Men's Ensemble each year to various parts of the country such as Miami, New York City, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Hawaii, Chicago, and Puerto Rico.
*As of 2005, Ayala High School has had a
SkaKids, a short lived but populous club founded by Shannon Lamb, Holly Wood, and Joshua Collins in 2003, was created to forward a love of local ska, reggae, rocksteadyand punkmusic among its members.
*The 10th Level Organization has its roots in the school's 2007-2008 year.
Mike Randolph- Major League Soccerplayer
*Brian and Arthur Yep
* [http://www.ayalaforum.com AyalaForum.com]
* [http://www.chino.k12.ca.us/schoollinks/high/ayala.htm CVUSD contact information for AHS]
* [http://ayalaforum.com Ayala Forum.com]
* [http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.993909,-117.730415&spn=0.004437,0.008256&t=k&hl=en Location from Google Maps]
* [http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse_school/ca/5015 GreatSchools.com on AHS]
* [http://www.ayalasports.com Ayala Sports]
* [http://www.ayalachoirs.com Ayala Choir]
* [http://www.myspace.com/vocalensemble Ayala High School Vocal Ensemble MySpace]
* [http://www.ayalabac.org Ayala Band and Colorguard]
* [http://www.ayalapercussion.com Ayala Percussion Ensemble]
* [http://www.myspace.com/ayalabac Ayala Band and Colorguard MySpace]
* [http://www.myspace.com/ayalapercussion Ayala Percussion Ensemble MySpace]
* [http://www.myspace.com/ayalasadd Ayala SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) MySpace]
* [http://www.ayalacrosscountrytrack.org Ayala Cross Country Track]
* [http://ayala.m-learning.us/default.htm Ayala Key Club]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.