Consolation Origin Zaanstreek, Netherlands Genres Death metal
Years active 1989–1999, 2002–2005, 2008- Labels Displeased Records Associated acts Nembrionic
Members Toep Duin
Arjan van Exter
Past members Manoloxx
- A Consolation is something of value, when one fails to get something of higher value they were seeking, such as a consolation prize.
Consolation is the name of a former Dutch death metal/grindcore band from the Zaanstreek that formed in 1989. They released three full-length albums through Displeased Records and were called the Dutch "Gods of Grind"; at their peak, in the late 1990s, they were one of the highest rated metal bands in the Netherlands, according to Dutch metal magazine Aardschok.
The band split up in 1999. They more or less re-started in 2002 as Cardinal, playing shows as late as 2005. A real comeback under their old name came in late 2008, when they announced reunion shows at the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009.
- Unnamed (demo, 1990)
- Beautyfilth (Album, Displeased Records, 1993)
- Hardcore Leeft (split with Nembrionic Hammerdeath and Osdorp Posse, 1994)
- The Truth (EP, Displeased, 1994)
- Brave Melvin from the Southern Point (Album, Displeased, 1995)
- Stahlplaat (Album, Displeased, 1998)
- Toep Duin - drums
- Dennis Jak - guitar
- Manoloxx - vocals (- 1996)
- Rein Schorel - bass
- Arjan van Exter - vocals (1998- )
- Robert - guitar
- ^ "Consolation". Zaanse Pophistorie. http://www.zaansepophistorie.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=199&Itemid=26. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- ^ "Consolation". Popinstituut Nederland. http://www.popinstituut.nl/Encyclopedia/Artist.aspx?id=2041&name=Consolation. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- ^ Woning, Robbie (Dec 1998). "Report: Death-Benediction, Consolation". Aardschok. http://www.emptywords.org/ASconcertreview12-98.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- ^ "Alle Namen Extreme Aggression Festival Bekend". Aardschok Rockommunity. 2005-04-25. http://aardschok.com/content/view/274/20/. Retrieved 2008-12-18. [dead link]
- ^ "Consolation Plans Reunion Shows". 2008-11-25. http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=40457. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- ^ "Consolation, Seita, Jackal, Laboratory Sickness to Perform at Holland's Zaans Metaal Festival". Blabbermouth. 2008-11-27. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109790. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- ^ "Metal Battle". Poppodium Romein. http://www.poppodiumromein.nl/agenda.php?id=264. Retrieved 2008-12-18. [dead link]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.