- Music for an Accelerated Culture
Music for an Accelerated Culture Studio album by Hadouken! Released 5 May 2008 (Physical)
24 April 2008 (Aerials exclusive)
Recorded 2007-2008 Genre Grindie, grimecore, indie rock Label Atlantic Producer Jacknife Lee, Rich Costey, James Smith Hadouken! chronology Not Here to Please You
Music for an Accelerated Culture
For the Masses
Singles from Music for an Accelerated Culture Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Gigwise  NME  Subba Cultcha 
Music for an Accelerated Culture is the debut album from new rave/grindie band Hadouken!. The album contains nine new songs, three of which ("Spend Your Life", "What She Did" and "Declaration of War") have been previously played on tour, the album also includes two older Hadouken! songs; Liquid Lives and That Boy That Girl. The title is thought[who?] to be a reference to both Douglas Coupland's book Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture and The Prodigy's album, Music for the Jilted Generation.
A clip of "Declaration of War" became available on the internet on 25 March 2008. It was later announced that the song would be a single, and that the video would begin screening at several locations around the country in an unconventional method;
- 28 March 2008 - The Fields Church, Trafalgar Square, London
- 29 March 2008 - Leeds Cockpit
- 30 March 2008 - Manchester MEN Arena
- 31 March 2008 - Glasgow ABC2
A further fake copy surfaced two weeks before the release of the album which used 30 second previews of the songs on a loop, the band responded to this stating: "Some moronic blog writers have downloaded this version, failed to spot it's not actually the album and written reviews of it saying that all the songs are really repetitive. Errr megalolzeleven at them. Please buy your own copy and make up your own mind as to whether it's any cop or look out for genuine reviews in all the usual magazines in the next few weeks.".
On 16 May 2008 it was announced that "Crank It Up" would be the fifth single from the album.
The album was released in America on 28 October 2008.
- "Get Smashed Gate Crash" - 3:21
- "That Boy That Girl" - 3:32
- "Game Over" - 3:35
- "Declaration of War" - 3:11
- "Mr Misfortune" - 3:17
- "Crank It Up" - 3:00
- "What She Did" - 3:18
- "Driving Nowhere" - 3:48
- "Liquid Lives" 2:51
- "Spend Your Life" - 3:13
- "Wait for You" - 4:00
Japan Bonus Tracks
- "Leap of Faith"
- "Declaration of War (Hadouken! Vs Kissy Sell Out Remix)"
- ^ Allmusic review
- ^ Gigwise review
- ^ NME review
- ^ Subba Cultcha review
- ^ Hadouken! Not Here To Please You - Bonus content - Short Introduction to Hadouken!
- ^ Tuesday, January 22, 2008, ITS A RIOT IN AN ARCADE. myspace Hadouken! blog
- ^ NME Hadouken! play new song Declaration - retrieved March 3, 2008
- ^ Hadouken! to screen new video in UK cities NME March 28
- ^ Myspace blog - Thursday, April 10, 2008 - IMPORTANT - ALBUM NEWS
- ^ HMV Hadouken album tracklisting
Hadouken!Nick Rice • Daniel "Pilau" Rice • Alice Spooner • James Smith • Chris Purcell Studio albumsMusic for an Accelerated Culture • For the Masses EPs/Mixtapes Singles Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.