- Festive Coquette
name = Festive Coquette
image_caption = female
status = LC | status_system = IUCN3.1
genus = "
species = "L. chalybeus"
binomial = "Lophornis chalybeus"
binomial_authority = Vieillot, 1823
synonyms = The Festive Coquette ("Lophornis chalybeus") is a species of
hummingbirdin the Trochilidaefamily.It is found in northwestern South America, the region of the western Amazon Basin, in the countries of northwest Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuadorand Peru. To the southeast it is found in adjacent Bolivia, a population in Argentina, and a separated range on the southeast coast of Brazil, in the state of Espírito Santoand southwest in a 2000km coastal strip.
habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and heavily degraded former forest.
* BirdLife International 2004. [http://www.iucnredlist.org/search/details.php/48262/all Lophornis chalybeus] . [http://www.iucnredlist.org 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. ] Downloaded on 10 July 2007.
* [http://ibc.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/especie.phtml?idEspecie=3049 Festive Coquette videos] on the Internet Bird Collection
* [http://vireo.acnatsci.org/search.html?Form=Search&SEARCHBY=Common&KEYWORDS=festive+coquette&showwhat=images&AGE=All&SEX=All&ACT=All&Search=Search&VIEW=All&ORIENTATION=All&RESULTS=24 Festive Coquette photo gallery] VIREO
* [http://www.tropicalbirding.com/tripReports/TR_Brazil_Aug_2005_files/Coquette-2.jpgPhoto-Medium Res] ; [http://www.tropicalbirding.com/tripReports/TR_Brazil_Aug_2005.htm Article] tropicalbirding
* [http://www.splatzone.nl/photos/festive%20coquette.jpgPhoto-High Res] ; [http://www.splatzone.nl/mainframe.htm Article] splatzone.nl
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.