- Myrtle, Ontario
Myrtle — Unincorporated community — Coordinates: 44°1′5″N 78°58′9″W / 44.01806°N 78.96917°WCoordinates: 44°1′5″N 78°58′9″W / 44.01806°N 78.96917°W Country Canada Province Ontario Regional municipality Durham Town Whitby Time zone EST (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) Forward sortation area L0B 1A0 Area code(s) 905 and 289 NTS Map 031D02 GNBC Code FDLLM
Myrtle is a community in the Town of Whitby, Durham Region, Ontario, Canada.
Myrtle, located in what was Whitby Township, was first named Well's Corners. In 1856, the name of the community was changed to Wellwood and again to Myrtle in the 1860s. In 1968, Myrtle became part of the Town of Whitby when the Town amalgamated with Whitby Township.
Myrtle is located approximately 16 kilometres north of the town centre of Whitby and 6 kilometres north of Brooklin along Highway 12.
- Rayburn, Alan. Place Names of Ontario. Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 1997. ISBN 0-8020-7207-0.
- Historic Photos of Myrtle, Ontario at Whitby Public Library and Archives Digital Collection
- Myrtle at Geographical Names of Canada
- Ontario High Speed Rural High Speed Internet Services for the Myrtle community
- Neighbourhoods in Whitby, Ontario
- Golden Horseshoe geography stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.