Malone is a family name. From the Irish "Mael Eòin", the name means a servant or a disciple of Saint John.
People with the surname
- Gilla Críst Ua Máel Eóin, historian and Abbot of Clonmacnoise, died 1127
- Anna Marie Malone, Canadian long-distance runner
- Carole Malone, British journalist
- Colonel Cecil L'Estrange Malone, British MP and journalist
- Dudley Field Malone, Lawyer, Progressive activist, and Scopes Trial defense lawyer
- Edmond Malone, Irish Shakespearean scholar and editor of the works of William Shakespeare
- Fergy Malone, Irish baseball player & manager
- Gareth Malone, English musician, choirmaster and documentary maker
- George Malone, Nevada Senator
- Glasses Malone, an American rapper
- Heaven Malone, an American, Chicago based DJ
- James E. Malone, Jr., Maryland state legislator
- J.B. Malone, Irish writer and broadcaster on hiking and hill-walking
- Jeff Malone, American former professional basketball player
- Jena Malone, American actress
- Joe Malone (ice hockey) ("Phantom Joe"), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- John C. Malone, chairman of the Liberty Media Corporation
- Joseph Malone (VC), British soldier
- Joseph Malone (actor)
- Joseph D. Malone, former Massachusetts state treasurer
- Joseph R. Malone, New Jersey state legislator
- J. R. Malone, American professional baseball umpire
- Karl Malone, American former professional basketball player
- Kyp Malone, American rock musician
- Mark Malone, American former professional football player and television commentator
- Max T. Malone, Louisiana State Senator
- Michael Malone (disambiguation), several people
- Michelle Malone, (Musician), American guitarist and singer-songwriter
- Molly Malone (actress), American silent-film actress
- Moses Malone, American former professional basketball player
- Peter Malone, former Mayor of Nelson, New Zealand
- Roberto Malone, Italian porn actor
- Ryan Malone, American professional ice hockey player on the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Tina Malone, English actress from Shameless
- Lieutenant Colonel William George Malone, World War I New Zealand soldier
- William M. Malone, politician in San Francisco, California
- William Malone (director), American filmmaker
- Andrew Malone, a character in the song, "Riding With Private Malone" by David Ball. 
- Bugsy Malone, a character in a popular film of the same name
- Maggie Malone Seaver, a working (news reporter) mom in the television series Growing Pains (1985-1992), played by Joanna Kerns.
- Detective Malone, the alias of Martin Lawrence in the film "Blue Streak" (1999)
- Special Agent Jack Malone, portrayed by Anthony LaPaglia in the television program Without a Trace
- Jim Malone, the alias of Sean Connery in the film "The Untouchables" (1987)
- Kevin Malone, one of the three accountants at Dunder Mifflin on the TV Show "The Office"
- Richard Malone, a former CIA agent, and the main character in the 1987 film Malone, played by Burt Reynolds
- Rubi Malone, heroine of the video game "WET"
- Scobie Malone, a character in 20 novels by Jon Cleary, one of which was made into the film Scobie Malone (1975), starring Jack Thompson
- Sam Malone, a character on the sitcom Cheers
- Stella Malone, a character in JONAS, played by Chelsea Staub
- Young Doctor Malone * radio and TV soap opera
- ^ Harrison, Henry (1969). Surnames of the United Kingdom: A Concise Etymological Dictionary. 2. Genealogical Publishing Company. p. 11.
- ^ http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/ball-david/riding-with-private-malone-4414.html
This page or section lists people with the surname Malone. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.