- White House (disambiguation)
White House can refer to:
White House, Washington, D.C., the official residence of the President of the United States of America.
** The staff and offices of the
Executive Office of the President of the United States, by metonymy
White House, Moscow, a government building in Moscow, Russia
White House, Bishkek, the presidential palace of the Kyrgyz Republic
* White House,
Budapest, the office building of Hungarian MPs.
* "White House of the Confederacy", Virginia, USA, a grey mansion built in 1818, now part of the
Museum of the Confederacy
* The White House, a department store owned by the American retail company
* White House, Greenwich, London, England, the retirement house of
George Biddell Airy, it is not far from the Royal Observatory
* "White House," a nickname for the
Winnipeg Arena, an indoor arena in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
* "The White House," code among the Dallas Cowboys of the 1990's for a house nearby their practice facility where some partook in illegal activities.
* The residence of
Dawood Ibrahimin Dubai
*"White House", a song by "The American Analog Set" from their 1997 album "
From Our Living Room to Yours"
White House, Tennessee, a city in the United States
* Whitehouse is a subcity of Jacksonville, Florida
White House (Zork), a landmark in the Zork series of computer games
* The Spanish expression for "White House" is "Casa Blanca", and the US White House is called thus in that language. Casa Blanca (or Casablanca) also has other meanings, cf.
* The Italian expression for "White House" is "Casa Bianca", and the US White House is called thus in that language. Casa Bianca (or Casabianca) also has other meanings, cf.
* The French expression for "White House" is "Maison Blanche", and the US White House is called thus in that language. Maison Blanche also has these other meanings:
** The "Maison Blanc", formerly a section of the
24 Hours of Le Mansmotor racing circuit in France,
Maison Blanche, a former department store in New Orleans,
* The Turkish expression for "White House" is "Beyaz Saray", literally the "White Palace". The equivalent expression "Ak Saray", which is also the name of a city (
Aksaray), is not used in this context.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.