- Charles Moore (journalist)
A former editor of The Spectator (1984-90), the Sunday Telegraph (1992-5) and The Daily Telegraph (1995-2003); he resigned from the last post to spend more time writing Margaret Thatcher's authorised biography, which will be published after her death.
He currently writes for two of the publications he once edited, The Spectator and The Daily Telegraph. He is Chairman of Policy Exchange. Moore was fined £262 for not possessing a TV licence in May 2010, eighteen months after announcing that he would donate the amount payable as a television licence to Help the Aged because the BBC had failed to sack Jonathan Ross for his 'Sachsgate' prank with Russell Brand.
Moore's first publication was a pamphlet for the Salisbury Group "The Old People of Lambeth", which was published in 1982. Since then, he has co-edited A Tory Seer: The Selected Journalism of T.E. Utley (1989).
Incomplete - to be updated
- "The Spectator's Notes". The Spectator 308 (9397): 11. 4 October 2008. http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/the-week/2189176/the-spectators-notes.thtml. Retrieved 13 December 2008.
- "The Spectator's Notes". The Spectator 311 (9446): 11. 12 September 2009. http://www.spectator.co.uk/politics/all/5317196/the-spectators-notes.thtml. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "The Spectator's Notes". The Spectator 312 (9464): 13. 16 January 2010. http://www.spectator.co.uk/politics/all/5704523/the-spectators-notes.thtml. Retrieved 2 November 2010.
He married Caroline Baxter in 1981 in Tunbridge Wells. They have a twin son and daughter (born April 1990).
- ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2969123.stm
- ^ http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Charles_Moore#George_Galloway_libel_action
- ^ James Robinson "Charles Moore fined for Jonathan Ross-inspired TV licence boycott", The Guardian, 11 May 2010
- ^ "The BBC was too scared to sack Jonathan Ross, so the obscenity goes on", Daily Telegraph, 22 November 2008
- ^ Findarticles.com
- Column archive at The Daily Telegraph
- Column archive at The Spectator
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Charles Moore at the Internet Movie Database
- Article archive at Journalisted
- Zoë Heller, A Better Class of Person: Charles Moore, The Independent, 31 January 1993
Media offices Preceded by
Editor of The Spectator
1984 - 1990
Deputy Editor of the Daily Telegraph
Trevor Grove and Veronica Wadley
Editor of The Sunday Telegraph
1992 - 1995
Sir Max Hastings
Editor of The Daily Telegraph
1995 - 2003
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.