- Diesel Locomotive Works
- DLW redirects here. For the DL&W railroad in the United States, see Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad. For the light rail system in London, see Docklands Light Railway
Diesel Locomotive Work Industry Railway Founded 1961 Headquarters Varanasi, India Products Locomotives Website dlw.indianrailways.gov.in
Founded in 1961, the DLW rolled out its first locomotive three years later, on January 3, 1964. It manufactures locomotives which are variants based on the original ALCO designs dating to 1960s and the GM EMD designs of the 1990s. DLW has an annual production capacity of 150 locomotives and plans to increase it to 200 based on the current demand.
DLW locomotives have power outputs ranging from 2,600 horsepower (1,900 kW) to 4,000 horsepower (3,000 kW). Currently DLW is producing EMD GT46MAC and EMD GT46PAC locomotives under license from Electro-Motive Diesels (formerly GM-EMD) for Indian Railways.
It has supplied locomotives to other countries such as Germany, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Mali, Senegal, Sudan  Tanzania, Angola, and Vietnam and also to a few users within India, such as large power and steel plants.
- ^ "Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)". http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-World-Railways/Diesel-Locomotive-Works-DLW-MANUFACTURERS-AND-SERVICES--LOCOMOTIVES-AND-PASSENGER-VEHICLES-India.html. Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- ^ "DLW meets annual target ahead of the deadline". The Indian express Group. 2008-03-17. http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/dlw-meets-annual-target-ahead-of-the-deadline/285069/.
- ^ "Rlys plan to make more locomotives to tap global mkt". The Financial Express. 2008-08-08. http://www.financialexpress.com/news/rlys-plan-to-make-more-locomotives-to-tap-global-mkt/346046/.
- ^ "Indian Railways exports four diesel locomotives". The Economic Times. 2008-01-15. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Transportation/Indian_Railways_exports_four_diesel_locomotives/articleshow/2702640.cms.
- ^ "Rs. 80-crore target for railway spares export". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2004-11-11. http://www.hindu.com/2004/11/11/stories/2004111112590600.htm.
7.DLW staff on warpath over outsourcing issue [Varanasi]Times of India, Nov 14, 2009
8. DLW employees return to work [Varanasi] Times of India, Nov 14, 2009
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.