- Roman Catholic Diocese of Talibon
Diocese of Talibon Location Ecclesiastical province Archdiocese of Cebu (Bohol) Statistics Parishes 25 Information Cathedral Blessed Trinity Cathedral, Talibon, Bohol Current leadership Bishop Most Rev. Christian Vincent F. Noel, D.D. Website cbcponline.net/jurisdictions/talibon.html
The Diocese of Talibon is one of the 72 ecclesiastical territories called dioceses of the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines. It is one of two dioceses in the province of Bohol and is part of the ecclesiastical province of the Archdiocese of Cebu. It comprises half of the civil province of Bohol, Philippines. It was created on January 9, 1986, separating half of Bohol from the Diocese of Tagbilaran.  There are 25 parishes in the diocese, ministered to by 50 priests. There are also 35 religious sisters active in the running of 16 secondary Catholic schools. The vocations to the priesthood are thriving, and trust in Divine Providence is the main recourse of the poor inhabitants, mostly farmers and fishermen. 
In an annual retreat in July 1993, initiatives were taken by the local clergy to formulate a vision-mission statement in answer to the momentum of renewal ushered in by the Second Plenary Council of the Philippines. In 1995, the clergy ventured into an introductory planning of a five-year diocesan pastoral program to involve the lay faithful in the formulation of a vision-mission statement and a diocesan pastoral plan.
The Diocesan Curia and Board of Consultors have already been set up. The pastoral commissions are now operative and capably manned. The parish pastoral councils are in full swing in their activities and have been most effective in assisting the clergy in the administration of parishes.
Most Rev. Christian V.F. Noel, D.D.
- Born in Sangi, Asturias, Cebu
- Ordained priest: March 18, 1961
- Ordained bishop: November 30, 1981
Asturias Central Elementary School
- Asturias, Cebu, 1945-1950 High School
Seminario Menor de San Carlos Mabolo, Cebu City, 1950-1955
- Philosophy & Theology
Seminario Mayor de San Carlos Mabolo, Cebu City, 1955-1961
- 1961-1962- La Hermandad Misionera de San Vicente de Paul, Cebu-wide Missions
- 1962-1964- Asst. Parish Priest, St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Balamban, Cebu
- 1964-1966- Asst. Parish Priest, San Vicente Ferrer Parish, Bogo, Cebu
- 1966-1976- Parish Priest, San Vicente Ferrer Parish, Buanoy, Balamban, Cebu
- 1976-1982- Parish Priest & Vicar Forane, San Vicente Ferrer Parish, Bogo, Cebu
- Auxiliary Bishop of Cagayan de Oro
- Parish Priest, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro
- Appointed First Bishop of Talibon: September 6, 1986 
- Blessed Trinity Cathedral
- Diocese of Tagbilaran
- Archdiocese of Cebu
- List of the Roman Catholic dioceses of the Philippines
- Diocese of Talibon www.cbcponline.net
- Cathedral of Talibon www.bohol-philippines.com
- Catholic dioceses in the Philippines by Giga-Catholic Information
- Diocese of Talibon by Giga-Catholic Information
Roman Catholic dioceses in the Philippines Province of Caceres Province of Cagayan de Oro Province of Capiz Province of Cebu Province of Cotabato Province of Davao Province of Jaro Province of Lingayen-Dagupan Province of Lipa Province of Manila Province of Nueva Segovia Province of Ozamiz Province of Palo Province of San Fernando Province of Tuguegarao Province of ZamboangaArchdiocese of Zamboanga · Diocese of Ipil · Prelature of Isabela Military Ordinariate
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.