- Gentiva Health Services
A publicly traded Nasdaq|GTIV company, [ [http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=gtiv GTIV: Summary for GENTIVA HLTH SVCS - Yahoo! Finance ] ] Gentiva is a
Fortune 1000company with $870 million in annual revenue. Gentiva is also a member of the S&P 600index, developed by Standard & Poor's, featuring small capitalization U.S.-based stocks.
Gentiva provides health services in nearly every state in the nation and maintains over 300 U.S. locations. According to "Morningstar", "Gentiva is a gentle giant...the nation's largest home health care services firm." [ [http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/100/100330.html Gentiva Health Services, Inc. Company Profile - Yahoo! Finance ] ]
In 2002, Gentiva sold its specialty pharmaceutical services division, which administered infusion and injectable pharmaceuticals to patients with both acute and chronic disease, to
Accredo Health Inc.for $415 million in cash and stock. [ [http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?DOCID=1P1:49300425&num=37&ctrlInfo=Round7%3AProd%3ASR%3AResult&ao= Gentiva Makes $415M Deal - Newsday - HighBeam Research ] ] Accredo, in turn, was acquired by Medco (NYSE:MHS), a former division of Merck & Co., for $2.2 billion in February 2005.
In 2006, Gentiva acquired the
Atlanta, Georgia-based Healthfield Group, a U.S. provider of home health and pharmaceutical services, for $454 million in cash and stock. [ [http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4189/is_20060105/ai_n15995860 LI-based Gentiva Health Services plans Healthfield buy | Long Island Business News | Find Articles at BNET.com ] ] In 2008, Gentiva sold a majority stake of its benefit management business, CareCentrix, to Water Street Healthcare Partners, a Chicago-based private equityfirm. [ [http://investors.gentiva.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=336855 "Gentiva Health Services Completes Sale of Majority Stake in CareCentrix Unit," September 25, 2008.] ]
* [http://www.gentiva.com Gentiva Health Services Official Web Site] .
* [http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=gtiv Gentiva Health Services profile at Yahoo Finance] .
* [http://www.nndb.com/company/020/000051864/ Gentiva Health Services profile at NNDB] .
* [http://www.homehealthprovider.com/Content/news/article.asp?Bucket=Article&DocID=c99ce2fd-67d0-11d4-8c57-009027de0829&VNETCOOKIE=NO "Gentiva Considers Sale of Staffing Business"] , "Home Health Provider", August 2, 2000.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D02EED81331F935A1575BC0A9669C8B63 "Gentiva Health Services to Sell Staffing Unit"] , "
The New York Times", August 26, 2000.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06E5DE153DF931A15756C0A9679C8B63 "Gentiva to Appeal Ruling"] , "
The New York Times", May 22, 2001.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9804E0DA1138F933A25754C0A9679C8B63 "City Plans Home Health Contract for Company Renamed After Fraud"] , "
The New York Times", July 10, 2001.
* [http://www.crm-daily.com/perl/story/13481.html "Customer Concerns Mount in Tragedy Aftermath"] , "CRM Daily", September 12, 2001.
* [http://www.allbusiness.com/north-america/united-states-new-york/955716-1.html "Feds Conclude Investigation of Payments to Gentiva"] , "Long Island Business News", November 16, 2001.
* [http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?DOCID=1P1:49300425&num=37&ctrlInfo=Round7%3AProd%3ASR%3AResult&ao= "Gentiva Makes $415M Deal"] , "
Newsday", January 3, 2002.
* [http://sec.edgar-online.com/2002/01/07/0000950162-02-000028/Section5.asp Gentiva's 8-K SEC filing on sale of specialty pharmaceutical business] , Edgar Online, January 7, 2002.
* [http://www.fool.com/news/mft/2005/mft05021722.htm "More Work to Do at Gentiva"] ,
Motley Fool, February 17, 2005.
* [http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4189/is_20060105/ai_n15995860 "Long Island-based Gentiva Health Services Plans Healthfield Buy"] , "Long Island Business News", January 5, 2006.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.