- Damone (band)
Damone Origin Waltham, Massachusetts, US Genres Hard rock, power pop Years active 2002–present Labels Island Records , RCA Records Website Damone.net
Not to be confused with singer Vic Damone.
Damone is an American rock band with distinct elements from power pop in their sound. The band originated in Waltham, a city located just west of Boston, Massachusetts, and comprises Noelle (vocals/guitar), Mike Woods (guitar), Vazquez (bass guitar) and Dustin Hengst (drums).
In popular culture
The song "Frustrated Unnoticed" was included in the movies Stick It and Freaky Friday, as well as in the TV shows Veronica Mars, Free Ride and Rugrats Go Wild. Two songs by Damone were also in the soundtrack to Project Gotham Racing 2 on Xbox.
The song "Out Here All Night", from the album Out Here All Night, is used on the Madden NFL 07 soundtrack, the NFC North Battle 11 soundtrack along with "Serial Killer", and the Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam soundtrack. It is also on the 2006 "Bionicle: Free the Band" website as well as songs from Over It, Carbon Leaf, Todd Hannigan and others. The song was performed by Candlebox at a July 2006 concert at Avalon in Boston and it was one of the songs from the 2006 WWE Raw Diva Search. It is also in the soundtrack of the Day of the Dead 2008 remake of George A. Romero's 1985 zombie classic, Day of the Dead. It is also available as downloadable content for Rock Band.
The songs "Roll The Dice", "Serial Killer" and "Conquer Me" are available for download in the video game Rock Band.
Damone released their first album, From The Attic, on RCA in 2003. Their original lead guitarist left the band some time in 2004, being replaced by Mike Woods from Boston. While working on new material, the band was dropped from its label after requesting to be released. They were quickly picked up by Island Records.
Damone released their second LP, Out Here All Night, on iTunes in early 2006, with the CD version released on May 23, 2006. Damone released their third album, Roll The Dice, in 2008.
- Noelle LeBlanc (lead vocals, guitar)
- Mike Woods (lead guitars, vocals)
- Vazquez (bass guitar, vocals)
- Dustin Hengst (drums, vocals)
- "Nearly Practically Almost Famous". YM (51.4): 32(2). April 2003. ISSN 0888-5842.
- Endelman, Michael (2 June 2006). "Damone: Out Here All Night". Entertainment Weekly (879): 84. ISSN 1049-0434.
- ^ "Rock the Pitch — Represent" (Flash). Adidas MLS Soccer. Adidas. http://www.adidas.com/us/campaigns/mls/content/site.asp. Retrieved 2008-02-05. (Select "Hear your team song", then "New England Revolution".)
- BostonHerald.com Damone Biography
- Starpulse Biography of Damone
- Official MySpace Page
- Mike Woods Official Page
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.