- Wee Siew Kim
Wee Siew Kim (黃守金, born 19 August 1960) is a former Member of the Parliament of Singapore in the Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency (Jalan Kayu) since 2001, representing the current ruling People's Action Party. On 10 April 2011, during the Jalan Kayu Day, Wee Siew Kim announced that he was stepping down from politics.
He was educated at Raffles Institution, followed by the Imperial College of Science and Technology in London Bachelor of Science (Aeronautical Engineering) (Hons), followed by an MBA at Stanford University. Wee is married with four children.
Currently, he is a member of the Board of Directors (Non-Executive & Independent) of SBS Transit. He is also Director of Changi Airports International Pte Ltd. He is currently Group CEO, NIPSEA Group of Companies.
Mr Wee was previously the Deputy CEO (Aerospace and Marine) and concurrent President, Defence Business of Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd.
One of Mr. Wee's daughters, Wee Shu Min, was in the news in October 2006 for posting on her blog what is viewed by some Singaporeans to be elitist, naive and insensitive statements against heartlanders.
- ^ Hussain, Zakir (11 April 2011). "MP Wee Siew Kim to step down". The Straits Times. http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_655232.html.
- ^ Choy, Sharolyn. "ST Engineering Announces Management Changes". ST Engineering - Press Releases. http://www.stengg.com/pressroom/press_releases_read.aspx?paid=1429. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- ^ "Time to learn that sorry isn't the hardest word to say", Ong Soh Chin, The Straits Times (Saturday Review), 28 October 2006, p. S10
- ^ "Teen blogger counselled for her 'elitist' remarks", Ken Kewk, The Straits Times, October 24, 2006, p. H5
- Wee Siew Kim's profile on Parliament of Singapore - the page has been removed since he has stepped out of politics.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.