- Marvin Smith
Smith, an alumnus of Berklee, has recorded 200 albums with various artists, as well as two solo albums.
In addition, he also has toured with Sting, Dave Holland, Sonny Rollins and Willie Nelson. He is a former member of The New York Jazz Quartet, and is in a band with Kevin Eubanks, fellow Berklee alum and Tonight Show band member. Marvin Smith is married to Kimberly Brown-Smith of Greensboro, North Carolina.
Smith is often an in-studio guest on The Loose Cannons sports radio program, on Los Angeles' KLAC-AM, often when the Tonight Show is on a vacation break.
With Dave Holland
- Seeds of Time (ECM, 1983)
- The Razor's Edge (ECM, 1987)
- Extensions (ECM, 1990)
With Archie Shepp
- Down Home New York (Soul Note, 1984)
- Superblue 2 (1989, Blue Note Records)
- ^ "Berklee Alumni Website". http://www.berklee.edu/alumni/prominent_alumni.php. Retrieved 3 September 2006.
- ^ a b "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Biographies". http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/bios/Marvin_Smitty_Smith.shtml. Retrieved 3 September 2006.
- ^ "Drummerworld: Marvin Smith". http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Marvin_Smith.html. Retrieved 3 September 2006.
- African American drummers
- American jazz drummers
- African American television personalities
- Berklee College of Music alumni
- Living people
- 1961 births
- American jazz drummer stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.